CFII or multi-engine?

Old April 21st 04, 02:29 AM
Casey Hansen

Default CFII or multi-engine?

Hello-
I am a CFI and I'm 19 years old. I attend college for something other
than flying (although I want to fly professionally, just want a 4-year
degree). I am wondering what people's suggestions are for a next
step... the CFII or multi-engine rating? Which would be more useful at
this point in time?

I am doing instruction right now and will be this summer, so...

Thanks for everyone's suggestions in advance.

Casey Hansen
casey at aviationgeek dot com
Old April 21st 04, 03:01 AM
BTIZ

there is more call for CFII as opposed to ME... and most ME checks need some
IFR work... just a thought..

BT

om...

Old April 21st 04, 10:06 PM
Robert M. Gary

Unless you teach at a school that has a ME aircraft and does a lot of
training in it, go for the CFII. There is much more avialable for
CFII. Unlike Single Engine training, you can't just wait for some
student to show up at your door with a generic twin because MEIs have
to have a minimum PIC time before they can teach in the twin. As a CFI
I can teach in any single. Many of the singles I've taught in, I never
flew myself.

-Robert, CFI

(Casey Hansen) wrote in message . com...
Hello-
I am a CFI and I'm 19 years old. I attend college for something other
than flying (although I want to fly professionally, just want a 4-year
degree). I am wondering what people's suggestions are for a next
step... the CFII or multi-engine rating? Which would be more useful at
this point in time?

I am doing instruction right now and will be this summer, so...

Thanks for everyone's suggestions in advance.

Casey Hansen
casey at aviationgeek dot com

Proposals for air breathing hypersonic craft. I Robert Clark Military Aviation 2 May 26th 04 06:42 PM
Emergency Procedures RD Piloting 13 April 11th 04 08:25 PM
Time Building Multi Engine Midway Aviators Aviation Marketplace 0 March 9th 04 04:57 AM
multi engine ultralight trainers [email protected] Owning 0 January 1st 04 07:10 PM
Corky's engine choice Corky Scott Home Built 39 August 8th 03 04:29 AM