Open & 18 Meter USA Nationals day 1 # 711 reporting

Old May 30th 07, 02:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Open & 18 Meter USA Nationals day 1 # 711 reporting

We have been having very high winds in the boundary layer the last few
days. 30 to 35 plus kts in our task area, along with cloud cover and
very weak lift. First day, Tuesday, May 29th, was called on the grid
as no contest, due to winds and weak lift, for both National Classes.
The Regionals had their first day yesterday, Monday, and was called no
contest, along with today, Tuesday, as no contest, on the grid.

Thermal tight, Soar high, Fly safe, # 711 reporting.

Old May 30th 07, 02:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Local news clip: http://kaaltv.com/article/stories/S9...html?cat=10219

Old May 30th 07, 02:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On May 30, 8:16 am, wrote:
On May 29, 8:36 pm, wrote:

We have been having very high winds in the boundary layer the last few
days. 30 to 35 plus kts in our task area, along with cloud cover and
very weak lift. First day, Tuesday, May 29th, was called on the grid
as no contest, due to winds and weak lift, for both National Classes.
The Regionals had their first day yesterday, Monday, and was called no
contest, along with today, Tuesday, as no contest, on the grid.

Thermal tight, Soar high, Fly safe, # 711 reporting.

Local news clip:http://kaaltv.com/article/stories/S9...html?cat=10219

thanks for the report Tom. Wish I was there. I tried flying the
cherokee on Monday down in Ames, IA and experienced the same
conditions. lift was broken in pieces by strong winds. fly safe.