Planes drone out MLK celebration

Old January 21st 06, 07:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Planes drone out MLK celebration

"Skylune" wrote in message
lkaboutaviation.com...
I just hate all the noise from the little pleasure planes that have
infected the area where live. It used to be a few, now and then, but now,
when the weather is nice, the stupid little planes circle around creating

nonstop racket. Its mostly little Cessnas and Pipers. The guy with the
4:55 A.M. Mooney plane was a pleasure last summer. It never used to be
this NOISY around here (10-15 years ago).

Well, you could post your lat/long (GPS) coordinates and we could see if we
can avoid your home...

NOTE TO SELF: Need to get that relief tube STC for my plane...

Old January 21st 06, 02:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Rachel" wrote

Welcome to my killfile, you've finally started to bore me with your

drivel.

*chuckle* You're MUCH more patient than me!
--
Jim in NC

Old January 21st 06, 03:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Morgans wrote:

"Rachel" wrote

Welcome to my killfile, you've finally started to bore me with your

drivel.

*chuckle* You're MUCH more patient than me!

LOL...no, just not quite as quick!
Old January 24th 06, 05:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

by "Grumman-581" Jan 21, 2006 at
07:41 AM

"Rachel" wrote in message
General aviation was not put on
this earth to annoy you.

Perhaps, but it's a rather welcome side effect... evil-grin

And the pleasure fliers can "tell it to the judge." hearty laugh

Old January 24th 06, 05:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

by "Grumman-581" Jan 21, 2006 at
07:44 AM

"Skylune" wrote in message
lkaboutaviation.com...
I just hate all the noise from the little pleasure planes that have
infected the area where live. It used to be a few, now and then, but

now,
when the weather is nice, the stupid little planes circle around

creating
nonstop racket. Its mostly little Cessnas and Pipers. The guy with

the
4:55 A.M. Mooney plane was a pleasure last summer. It never used to

be
this NOISY around here (10-15 years ago).

Well, you could post your lat/long (GPS) coordinates and we could see if
we
can avoid your home...

NOTE TO SELF: Need to get that relief tube STC for my plane...

I understand, from a pilot friend, that the Depends brand works quite
well, and would be far cheaper than getting the STC.

OTOH, maybe get the relief tube. Just make sure to descend low (under
500ft) and slow enough (under about 10 kts) during discharge for maximum
effect.

Old January 24th 06, 08:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Skylune" wrote in message
lkaboutaviation.com...
I understand, from a pilot friend, that the Depends brand works quite
well, and would be far cheaper than getting the STC.

There was actually a discussion on this awhile back... Some people prefer
the 1g ziplok bags with moisture absorbant gell pads in them, some prefer
relief tubes, some prefer gatorade bottles...

OTOH, maybe get the relief tube. Just make sure to descend low (under
500ft) and slow enough (under about 10 kts) during discharge for maximum
effect.

Yeah, I suspect a hovering flight in a helicopter at a low altitude over
your house would definitely give the maximum effect... Probably end up as a
fine mist after being dispersed by the rotor wash though...

Old January 24th 06, 09:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Yeah, I suspect a hovering flight in a helicopter at a low altitude over
your house would definitely give the maximum effect... Probably end up as
fine mist after being dispersed by the rotor wash though...

Oh, only follow that advice when flying a fixed wing aircraft. For
maximum impact. For helos, you should stick with the Depends or the jug
you carry around.

Old January 25th 06, 03:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Grumman-581 wrote:

Yeah, I suspect a hovering flight in a helicopter at a low altitude over
your house would definitely give the maximum effect... Probably end up as a
fine mist after being dispersed by the rotor wash though...

Get one of the ones with a spray rig and a tank full of liquid fertilizer?

George Patterson
Coffee is only a way of stealing time that should by rights belong to
your slightly older self.