dream time

Old July 8th 07, 09:14 AM
bagmaker bagmaker is offline
Senior Member

Location: Melbourne Australia
Default dream time

OK all, its cold (with an F), wet and dreary here in Oz, and time to fire up the dreams machine.

What ship, down to 3 options-

ASH26E
304S with Jet sustainer
Antares 20E

Which is your choice and why?

bagger
Old July 8th 07, 11:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
neil@avon=tech=solutions.co.nz

Antares 20E

Because I'm a power electronics engineer and am very impressed with
the application of the electronics and software technology.

--
Cheers
Neil

Old July 8th 07, 12:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mal[_4_]

"bagmaker" wrote in message

OK all, its cold (with an F), wet and dreary here in Oz, and time to
fire up the dreams machine.

What ship, down to 3 options-

ASH26E
304S with Jet sustainer
Antares 20E

Which is your choice and why?

bagger

--
bagmaker

Do I get to fly it ! or is it for you.

Old July 8th 07, 01:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Jul 8, 4:14 am, bagmaker
wrote:
OK all, its cold (with an F), wet and dreary here in Oz, and time to
fire up the dreams machine.

What ship, down to 3 options-

ASH26E
304S with Jet sustainer
Antares 20E

Which is your choice and why?

bagger

--
bagmaker

Antares 20E. I flew it once, had to have it.
Got mine a few months ago and it is spectacular.
Handling (faster roll than some 15-meter ships).
Performance (haven't yet been out-climbed, and
run is fantastic). Assemble, tape, preflight, close
up trailer in 35 minutes, solo. Taxi easily, run the
motor until first turn in a thermal, shut down and
climb-out without fright. Easy in-air restart if
I shut the motor down too soon, or need to avoid
meeting farmers. No gas fumes, plug it in
overnight to recharge (though I've never had
mine below about 65% full).

Most recent flight here (yes, I shut down a
bit too soon and ran the motor a second time
before heading out). Its slow, but a windy day
with a narrow height-band in New England:
http://www3.onlinecontest.org/olc-2....tId=1612710313

Wish I had more time to fly it !
See ya, Dave "YO"

Old July 8th 07, 01:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Emerson

bagmaker wrote:
OK all, its cold (with an F), wet and dreary here in Oz, and time to
fire up the dreams machine.

What ship, down to 3 options-

ASH26E
304S with Jet sustainer
Antares 20E

Which is your choice and why?

bagger

Why not include a Ventus 2CxM?
Old July 8th 07, 02:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony Verhulst

No gas fumes, plug it in
overnight to recharge...

Just curious Dave, just what are the input voltage/current requirements?
Would U.S. owners have to run 240 out to their garage?

Tony V.
Old July 8th 07, 02:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Jul 8, 9:02 am, Tony Verhulst wrote:
No gas fumes, plug it in overnight to recharge...

Just curious Dave, just what are the input voltage/current requirements?
Would U.S. owners have to run 240 out to their garage?

Tony V.

I recharge on 110v (though 220v also works).
Are you impressed watching the take-off performance Tony ?

Old July 8th 07, 02:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony Verhulst

I recharge on 110v (though 220v also works).
Are you impressed watching the take-off performance Tony ?

I was impressed with your altitude when you passed the "trailer park" at
the other end of the field. Much higher than the Pawnees pulling
unballasted ships. And, yes, it was quiet. I also liked the engineering,
like having the tail wheel *on* the rudder - elegance in simplicity and
it makes it easy to taxi. I assume that the rudder and hinges are a bit
more heavy duty that on your typical 15 meter ship.

Tony V. LS6-b "6N"
(no commercial affiliation)
Old July 8th 07, 03:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Jul 8, 9:43 am, Tony Verhulst wrote:
I recharge on 110v (though 220v also works).
Are you impressed watching the take-off performance Tony ?

I was impressed with your altitude when you passed the "trailer park" at
the other end of the field. Much higher than the Pawnees pulling
unballasted ships. And, yes, it was quiet. I also liked the engineering,
like having the tail wheel *on* the rudder - elegance in simplicity and
it makes it easy to taxi. I assume that the rudder and hinges are a bit
more heavy duty that on your typical 15 meter ship.

Tony V. LS6-b "6N"
(no commercial affiliation)

Steering with this rudder-integrated tailwheel is easy and precise.
Quite a bit of structure inside to support it. IIRC the LS-9 had this
feature; I don't know if there are earlier designs with this.

Old July 8th 07, 07:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

bagmaker wrote:
OK all, its cold (with an F), wet and dreary here in Oz, and time to
fire up the dreams machine.

What ship, down to 3 options-

ASH26E
304S with Jet sustainer
Antares 20E

Which is your choice and why?

What kind of flying do you hope to do?

If it's safaris, that might favor the ASH26E, because the 304S sustainer
needs a tow and the Antares needs electricity and has much more limited
motoring range.

If most of your flying is where and when a tow is readily available,
that would favor the lighter, simpler, cheaper sustainer.

If it's mostly from an airport with access to electricity and long
powered retrieves aren't important, that would favor the Antares.

Contest flying? The classes you can fly in will be determined by the
glider you choose; e.g., no 18 M if you get the Antares.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA
* "Transponders in Sailplanes" http://tinyurl.com/y739x4
* "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org

A Dream franck jeamourra Piloting 0 March 27th 04 07:43 PM
A dream franck jeamourra Simulators 0 March 25th 04 12:26 PM
a dream franck jeamourra Owning 0 March 25th 04 06:26 AM
they took me back in time and the nsa or japan wired my head and now they know the idea came from me so if your back in time and wounder what happen they change tim liverance history for good. I work at rts wright industries and it a time travel trap tim liverance Military Aviation 0 August 18th 03 12:18 AM
Dream Time -- Little help here? Richard Kaplan Owning 27 July 9th 03 03:37 AM