Back from Seattle with a new job.

Old August 25th 07, 03:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Luke

Default Back from Seattle with a new job.

Boy, I leave for three months and I miss the biggest yEnc ****ing
contest ever!
Thats okay, because while I was missig that by interning at Boeing for
the summer, they extended a full time job offer and I have accepted. I am
now officially an engineer for Boeing.
Flame on!

Luke

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT1148.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	16493
Old August 25th 07, 04:27 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Maple1

Congrats I expect to see you at Abbotsford next year with your gear in
hand to take a lot of photos

Bill

Old August 25th 07, 07:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Luke

"Maple1" wrote in message
Congrats I expect to see you at Abbotsford next year with your gear in
hand to take a lot of photos

Bill

Already made plans to be in Sturgis, S.D. next year around that time
(early august). Certainly can plan on Abbotsford, B.C. for '09 though.

Luke

Luke wrote:
Boy, I leave for three months and I miss the biggest yEnc ****ing
contest ever!
Thats okay, because while I was missing that by interning at Boeing

Old August 25th 07, 05:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Leroy Jackson

not until you have worked 18 hour days for 5 months strait do you get that
title... BTW Everett engineering is baby food....

Old August 26th 07, 01:11 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Luke

"Leroy Jackson" wrote in message
not until you have worked 18 hour days for 5 months strait do you get that
title... BTW Everett engineering is baby food....

Well, once I worked 12 hours a day, 7 days a week for 9 months straight
when I was in AOG/Customer service engineering. Does that earn me any
street cred?
From what I saw this summer, someone at Boeing figured out how to
actually be productive and 18 hour days are no longer necessary. Something
to do with cleaning out most of the old middle and mid-upper management in
the last layoff instead of all the people that actually do the work. Things
seem much happier and productive there now, compared to the 80's and 90's
when I had my first life there. I saw people actually smiling at work!

Luke

Old August 26th 07, 01:14 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Luke

"Tom Callahan" wrote in message
Let me know when you learn about PMAP and if you're going to take the
tests, Tom in Pensacola

PMAP ? I'm not yet familiar with that.....

Luke

Old August 26th 07, 08:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom Callahan

Answer to your question: Pre-Management Assessment Program. Four exams to
be taken within a certain number of days. Pass all four tests and you may
apply for a Management position (trashman, scientist, engineer, HR type,
whatever......all management positions). Don't pass the tests and it means
you can continue to work without being a manager. PMAP came about after
Boeing lost big court case over not promoting people who thought they
deserved the promotions. Boeing is not the only company using the
assessment program. I was an assessor until contractors were cut from the
program. I decided to move to the beach and take pictures of the Blue
Angels. It was fun but very hard work, Tom

"Luke" wrote in message

"Leroy Jackson" wrote in message
not until you have worked 18 hour days for 5 months strait do you get
that title... BTW Everett engineering is baby food....

Well, once I worked 12 hours a day, 7 days a week for 9 months straight
when I was in AOG/Customer service engineering. Does that earn me any
street cred?
From what I saw this summer, someone at Boeing figured out how to

Old August 26th 07, 09:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Luke

"Tom Callahan" wrote in message
Answer to your question: Pre-Management Assessment Program. Four exams
to be taken within a certain number of days. Pass all four tests and you
may apply for a Management position (trashman, scientist, engineer, HR
type, whatever......all management positions). Don't pass the tests and
it means you can continue to work without being a manager. PMAP came
about after Boeing lost big court case over not promoting people who
thought they deserved the promotions. Boeing is not the only company
using the assessment program. I was an assessor until contractors were
cut from the program. I decided to move to the beach and take pictures of
the Blue Angels. It was fun but very hard work, Tom

Ah, Yes I have heard of that, but didn't recognize the acronym... mostly
because I really have not paid much attention to the steps to a managment
position. As of right now, I really don't see myself heading towards any
managerial role, but I do think about becoming a lead engineer some day.

Luke

Old August 27th 07, 01:42 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

"Tom Callahan" wrote in
:

I decided to move to the beach and take pictures of the Blue
Angels. It was fun but very hard work, Tom

Somebody had to make the sacrifice... ;^)

FTL Seattle Phil Rhodes Aviation Photos 3 May 17th 07 08:56 PM
Where to go in Seattle? [email protected] Piloting 12 September 22nd 06 04:24 AM
My trip report from Rochester NY back to Seattle M Piloting 0 September 4th 06 02:33 PM
Where in Seattle? Jay Honeck Piloting 20 March 8th 05 06:05 PM
they took me back in time and the nsa or japan wired my head and now they know the idea came from me so if your back in time and wounder what happen they change tim liverance history for good. I work at rts wright industries and it a time travel trap tim liverance Military Aviation 0 August 18th 03 12:18 AM