Unknown (to me) over Cambridgeshire

Old August 25th 07, 04:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Keith Edkins

Default Unknown (to me) over Cambridgeshire

Forgive my boundless ignorance and the minimal photo quality, but what is
this? Seen over east Cambridgeshire, England 13th Aug.

Keith

Attached Images
File Type: jpg UnknownAircraft.jpg (7.7 KB, 46 views)
Old August 25th 07, 04:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Pjmac35

"Keith Edkins" wrote in message
Forgive my boundless ignorance and the minimal photo quality, but what is
this? Seen over east Cambridgeshire, England 13th Aug.

Keith

Looks like a WB-57, a much-modified Canberra weather reconnaisance aircraft
built in US by Martin.

Regards

Pat Macguire

Old August 25th 07, 05:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew B

"Keith Edkins" wrote in message
Forgive my boundless ignorance and the minimal photo quality, but what is
this? Seen over east Cambridgeshire, England 13th Aug.

Keith

My guess would be a Canberra T.4 as there don't appear to be wing tip tanks
or any nose bulges but there were many modifications and variants so I would
not be sure.

It could be Air Atlantique's T.4 Canberra, I think the B2/6 they have has
tip tanks but again not sure.
--
Andrew

"Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."
(Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895.)

Old August 25th 07, 08:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

"Pjmac35" wrote in
:

"Keith Edkins" wrote in message
Forgive my boundless ignorance and the minimal photo quality, but
what is this? Seen over east Cambridgeshire, England 13th Aug.

Keith

Looks like a WB-57, a much-modified Canberra weather reconnaisance
aircraft built in US by Martin.

I'll second that. I believe the only current operator of the type is
NASA.

(Sorry about the URL wrappage)

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....rtin%20WB-57F%
20Canberra

http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?
aircraft_genericsearch=Martin%20B-57%20Canberra&distinct_entry=true

Bob ^,,^
Old August 25th 07, 09:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Pjmac35

"Keith Edkins" wrote in message
Forgive my boundless ignorance and the minimal photo quality, but what is
this? Seen over east Cambridgeshire, England 13th Aug.

Keith

I think this is it...

http://jsc-aircraft-ops.jsc.nasa.gov...7FBrochure.pdf
Regards

Pat Macguire

Old August 26th 07, 01:54 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
NOCKERS[_2_]

On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 20:16:22 GMT, "Pjmac35"
wrote:

"Keith Edkins" wrote in message
Forgive my boundless ignorance and the minimal photo quality, but what is
this? Seen over east Cambridgeshire, England 13th Aug.

Keith

I think this is it...

http://jsc-aircraft-ops.jsc.nasa.gov...7FBrochure.pdf
Regards

Pat Macguire

Could be, but no wing pods
Old August 26th 07, 01:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
NOCKERS[_2_]

A little more info http://www.bywat.co.uk/wj874.html
Old August 26th 07, 07:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Pjmac35

wrote:

"Keith Edkins" wrote in message
.. .
Forgive my boundless ignorance and the minimal photo quality, but what
is
this? Seen over east Cambridgeshire, England 13th Aug.

Keith

I think this is it...

http://jsc-aircraft-ops.jsc.nasa.gov...7FBrochure.pdf
Regards

Pat Macguire

Could be, but no wing pods

A little more info http://www.bywat.co.uk/wj874.html

How about this?

Regards

Pat Macguire

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sanjacform2.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	16562
Old August 26th 07, 10:56 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Keith Edkins

"Pjmac35" wrote in message

"Keith Edkins" wrote in message
Forgive my boundless ignorance and the minimal photo quality, but what is
this? Seen over east Cambridgeshire, England 13th Aug.

Keith

Looks like a WB-57, a much-modified Canberra weather reconnaisance
aircraft built in US by Martin.

Regards

Pat Macguire

Thanks for that. No doubt it is a NASA flight from Mildenhall, as described
in:

http://www.stripes.com/article.asp?s...2&archive=true

Keith