Colorado Representative calls for "no fly zones" over prisons.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 27th 06, 03:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
james

Default Colorado Representative calls for "no fly zones" over prisons.

Morning all -- only been a lurker for a while as I haven't been FLYING
in a while, (damn house takes too much money). But regarding
advocacy: Pueblo rep Buffie McFayden, (let the jokes fly), is
calling for no-fly zones over state and federal pens. I just heard a
portion of the interview on our public radio station KCFR, and among
her reasonings is "it's possible for small airplanes to drop riot gear
into prison yards".

The prison she's talking about is the supermax prison in Colorado,
which is already among the most secure in the country.

Here's the link - The audio should be posted soon. I'm e-mailing this
to AOPA as well.

http://www.kcfr.org/index.php?option...ask=view&id=94

Colorado Lawmakers Call for Better Security at Supermax
Colorado lawmakers are asking federal officials to improve security at
the state's Supermax prison, home to some of the nation's most
dangerous criminals. Ryan Warner talks to Democratic state
representative Buffie McFayden, whose district, near Pueblo, includes
Supermax.

All the best - james www.futuregringo.com