Buying Junk from Aircraft Spruce --- Or Putting Money Down a Rathole

Old February 4th 05, 03:26 AM
Dave Hyde

COLIN LAMB wrote...

There is neither a common law nor a statutory right of privacy regarding

the
conversations mentioned.

Agreed.

By custom, it would probably be considered in bad taste to discredit a
customer in public - unless that information is relevant to dispute

harmful
claims made by a customer. In essence, truth is a defense.

For Aircraft Spruce, their reputation and integrity is their most valuable
asset and they have every right to protect and defend it in a public

forum.
If that means making conversations with a customer public, after the
customer has given a different story, then it is proper to do so.

Take a look at the privacy policies of major retailers with an iternet
presence.
I happened to be looking at Home Depot and Radio Shack today:

RS:
"Information about you specifically will not be used for any purpose
other than to carry out the services you requested from RadioShack and
its affiliates. All of our affiliates have agreed to maintain the
security and confidentiality of the information we provide to them."

HD:
"We will maintain the confidentiality of all personal information
collected in our Stores, our Call Centers, our Sites and from our
Service Providers and will only disclose such information to
employees and Service Providers who require such information for
the purposes described in this Privacy and Security Statement."

Many other respected businesses have similar polices, these are just
the first two I happened to look for. Well, after AS&S, where I
found no such statement. In neither case above do they say
"We reserve the right to release personal information if the
customer jerks our chain."

I have little sympathy for either party in this case.

Dave 'puttin' on my votin' shoes' Hyde

Old February 5th 05, 08:04 AM
Jim351

snip

This NG is full of whiners. I have been buying from ACS for a long time
and the few times I have had problems they have been resolved
professionally and to my satisfaction. This goes for a lot of people I
know too.
Keep up the good work.

jim A.