A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Controlled Fires For Florida.

Old March 4th 20, 10:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood
external usenet poster

Default Controlled Fires For Florida.

The seniors contest is right around the corner and things could be heating up for the weather and soaring conditions. Florida has been very wet during the winter months, usually our dry period. Now that the winds are increasing we seem to be drying out even the swamp areas are now being burned off in controlled burn areas. Just in the last two weeks controlled burns are having a huge impact on soaring conditions south of Avon Park, which happens to be the best area in Florida for soaring.
I am planning an invitational soaring camp for next year that will start the week after the seniors event and will consist of a 5 or 7 day soaring safari starting deep in the Everglades, with fun events for the entire week. We will probably limited to 20 or so participants for the event. More information on this event will be forthcoming. Bob, Treasure Coast Soaring Club
Old March 5th 20, 03:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike N.
external usenet poster

I am in S.W. Fl. and would be interested.
If you get this planned out, add me to your email list of interested pilots.
Mikelleen AT gmail....
Old March 5th 20, 09:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood
external usenet poster

On Thursday, March 5, 2020 at 10:43:46 AM UTC-5, Mike N. wrote:
I am in S.W. Fl. and would be interested.
If you get this planned out, add me to your email list of interested pilots.
Mikelleen AT gmail....

Mike, there are a couple of us working on this event, we do have a couple of sites in place and are in the discussion stages of the owners at this very time. We are going to organize a week soaring safari for late March next year at a site to be determined. We would like to have a fun type event for several glider men and women to participate in the event. We will be limited to the number of participants, but there are no special requirements for acceptance. I will keep you informed. Bob
Old March 6th 20, 12:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Hi Bob

I am in central Florida and would be interested.

Bruce