interesting video of a takeoff and landing

Old November 11th 07, 09:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
john

Default interesting video of a takeoff and landing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbI7JK75ji0

Had a good amount of crosswind, but the landing wasn't as good as I
would have wanted. Oh well, guess it's and excuse to go flying again
for more practice. :-)

John

Old November 12th 07, 01:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
john

On Nov 11, 3:30 pm, John wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbI7JK75ji0

Had a good amount of crosswind, but the landing wasn't as good as I
would have wanted. Oh well, guess it's and excuse to go flying again
for more practice. :-)

John

Here's another video that my friend took when I first arrived at the
airport.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C75a1WTt0Xs

Enough of tooting my own horn, here's one of a couple of T-6's that
took off after I landed. Make sure you turn your speakers up to get
the real feeling of those big radial engines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tC90wnd24E

Old November 12th 07, 01:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

john wrote:
Here's another video that my friend took when I first arrived at the
airport.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C75a1WTt0Xs

Floated quite a ways, didn't ya? G

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Old November 12th 07, 01:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
john

On Nov 11, 7:28 pm, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN" mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com
wrote:
john wrote:
Here's another video that my friend took when I first arrived at the
airport.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C75a1WTt0Xs

Floated quite a ways, didn't ya? G

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

So you noticed that....

I turned short final and was high. Even though I pulled the throttle
early, I had to loose a lot of altitude and the speed was still fast
over the numbers.

Old November 12th 07, 02:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

wrote:
john wrote:
Here's another video that my friend took when I first arrived at the
airport.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C75a1WTt0Xs

Floated quite a ways, didn't ya? G

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

So you noticed that....

I turned short final and was high. Even though I pulled the throttle
early, I had to loose a lot of altitude and the speed was still fast
over the numbers.

Slip, grasshopper, slip.

Matt
Old November 12th 07, 04:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:
john wrote:
Here's another video that my friend took when I first arrived at the
airport.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C75a1WTt0Xs

Floated quite a ways, didn't ya? G

Check the Tetrahedron.
:-))

--
Dudley Henriques
Old November 12th 07, 12:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
john

On Nov 11, 10:52 pm, Dudley Henriques wrote:
Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:
john wrote:
Here's another video that my friend took when I first arrived at the
airport.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C75a1WTt0Xs

Floated quite a ways, didn't ya? G

Check the Tetrahedron.
:-))

--
Dudley Henriques

tetrahedran very rarely points into the trees at this airport, and
winds become very squirrely from the down draft over the trees. It's
hard to see in the video that was posted, but the windsock was showing
a quartering headwind of 45 - 60 degrees off of the runway heading.

Old November 13th 07, 01:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Blueskies

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message ...
john wrote:

So you noticed that....

I turned short final and was high. Even though I pulled the throttle
early, I had to loose a lot of altitude and the speed was still fast
over the numbers.

Slip, grasshopper, slip.

Matt

Just what I was thinking....