graveyard in Ohio

Old July 1st 14, 12:06 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Conscious Pilate[_2_]

Default graveyard in Ohio

G'day All,

this very interesting set of pictures from an interesting site in Ohio

see ya

Conscious Pilate

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pict...graveyard.html

Old July 1st 14, 01:48 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Savageduck[_3_]

#1 shot sure doesn't look like any WWII fighter I know.
The B-25 isn't a fighter, and that F-86 sure isn't WWII vintage.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

Old July 3rd 14, 07:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Claus Gustafsen

I agree, but the third picture shows a blue nosesection of what looks like a
single seater, but most likely is something like a Harvard/Texan which can
be mistaken for a fighter.

Claus

#1 shot sure doesn't look like any WWII fighter I know.
The B-25 isn't a fighter, and that F-86 sure isn't WWII vintage.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

---
Denne e-mail er fri for virus og malware fordi avast! Antivirus beskyttelse er aktiveret.

Old July 3rd 14, 11:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-07-03 18:43:07 +0000, "Claus Gustafsen" said:

I agree, but the third picture shows a blue nosesection of what looks
like a single seater, but most likely is something like a Harvard/Texan
which can be mistaken for a fighter.

Claus

Shot #3 looks to be a cockpit shot of the B-25. However, shot #5
appears to be not so much an AT-6 but an F4U Corsair, and that would
certainly qualify it as a WWII fighter. One some industrious group of
individuals should consider restoring.

Old July 5th 14, 03:02 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Claus Gustafsen

A Corsair was my first thought too, it is fairly long, but it is to narrow
for a cCorsair and the nose ring doesn't look right to me either.