Puget Sound TFRs reduced in size - charted here

Old January 9th 04, 10:12 PM
David H

Default Puget Sound TFRs reduced in size - charted here

CJ,

I've put up a preliminary map showing the new Puget Sound TFRs - and the old
ones for comparison - up on the Pacific Northwest Flying website. Direct link
he

http://www.smartgroups.com/vault/pnw...ewoldtfrs.html

(the images are somewhat large to show detail, sorry to those on slow
connections)

I used the info on the FAA's graphical TFR website, so this may or may not be
highly accurate. In any case, I think it does show the changes fairly well.
Now I guess we have to fight to keep these from becoming permanent.

I agree that we all have to be careful with these until the details shake out.
I'll update the images when things change.

Hope somebody finds these helpful.

David H
Boeing Field (BFI), Seattle, WA
Visit the Pacific Northwest Flying forum:
http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/pnwflying

PS: Looks like we will be getting a vice presidential fundraiser TFR in Seattle
on Jan 13th - watch for details.

C J Campbell wrote:

The Puget Sound and Hermiston TFRs were rescinded at 11:49 1/9/04 and
replaced with National Security Areas, possibly as a prelude to permanent
publication. Jeppesen Flitestar is still showing the old TFRs, however, and
since the Jepp engine is the one that the FAA and AOPA use on their web
sites I would advise caution when flying in these areas. Also, the new NSA
NOTAMs do not specifically say that the old TFRs are rescinded, although
there is a series of FDC NOTAMS that say this, referencing the new NOTAMS.
The new NOTAMS do not look like they are accurately plotted. In particular,
the Bremerton NSA does not cover the shipyard and the Everett NSA is out in
the middle of the Sound. Seattle FSS has noticed this and is seeking
clarification.

The new NSAs are much smaller, but the Bangor NSA no longer has a cutout for
Apex. The ceilings for the NSAs are mostly 100 feet lower than the old TFRs,
but the Hermiston NSA now only goes to 5000 feet instead of 10,000 feet.

I would give it a day or so before just plunging into the area. It looks
like some changes are already in the works.

--
Christopher J. Campbell
World Famous Flight Instructor

If you go around beating the Bush, don't complain if you rile the animals.

Old January 9th 04, 11:25 PM
David Brooks

Damn. I got a new sectional and TAC just after Christmas and dutifully drew
in the old restrictions.

Well, I don't really mean damn.

-- David Brooks

Old January 10th 04, 07:01 AM
Brian Burger

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, David H wrote:

I've put up a preliminary map showing the new Puget Sound TFRs - and the

old
ones for comparison - up on the Pacific Northwest Flying website.

Direct link
he

http://www.smartgroups.com/vault/pnw...ewoldtfrs.html

Excellent news; this will make wandering south from my part of Canada
(CYYJ) much easier.

(OK, OK. Not 'wandering' - but it'll still make Puget Sound flights easier
on the nerves.)

--
Brian.