Inexpensive Gliding Holiday

Old April 13th 04, 06:13 AM
Going fer it

Default Inexpensive Gliding Holiday

Umm - its getting colder here.

Where should I go in the nice Northern - warmmmmmm - hemisphere for a months flying.

Europe!
North America!
India!

Any ideas....?
Old April 13th 04, 07:01 AM
Paolo

"Going fer it" ha scritto nel messaggio
om...
Umm - its getting colder here.

Where should I go in the nice Northern - warmmmmmm - hemisphere for a

months flying.

Probably I am conditioned but I recommend you Italy: marvelous landscapes,
good conditions and for the relax.... city of art and beautiful beaches...

Paolo

Old April 14th 04, 12:25 AM
robert

Try Australia.

Our club and many others offers great soaring, quality aircraft in ideal
warm, sometimes hot conditions.

www.ddsc.org.au

The Gliding Federation of Australia site is on the links area of our site.

You can not only glide in a safe modern country but see the Great Barrier
Reef. the crocadile man Steve Irwin.

Tough life
Robert

Old April 14th 04, 07:24 AM
Steve / Sperry

I am interested in learning more about flying conditions in other
parts of the world.

I would assume that the season is opposite what it is in the US... so
I am thinking November would be the similar time of year for us, the
start of winter there as apposed to the start of summer here.

So now the question is... what is the soaring like in the winter in
Austrailia?

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 09:25:31 +1000, "robert"
wrote:

Try Australia.

Our club and many others offers great soaring, quality aircraft in ideal
warm, sometimes hot conditions.

www.ddsc.org.au

The Gliding Federation of Australia site is on the links area of our site.

You can not only glide in a safe modern country but see the Great Barrier
Reef. the crocadile man Steve Irwin.

Tough life
Robert

. com...

Old April 14th 04, 08:44 AM
Jean

Inexpensive means Winch launch + affordable rates, in France I strongly
recommend AVSA Seyne-les-Alpes, CSVVA Challes-les-Eaux, in both cases in a
nice mountain area.
Jean

Old April 14th 04, 09:19 AM
bambi

i cannot reach your email
but

in this season the best is at the north next to the alps; some of the most
important clubs are :

Calcinate del Pesce (VA) ACAO - AeroClub "Adele Orsi" Lungolago Calcinate,
45 0332-310073
0332-313018 Web: www.acao.it
Email:

Alzate Brianza (CO) AVL - AeroClub Volovelistico Lariano Aeroporto di Alzate
Brianza 031-619250
031-632345 fax Web: www.avl.it
Email:

Valbrembo (BG) AVA - AeroClub Volovelistico Alpino Via delle Ghiaie, 1
035-528093
035-528491 fax
Web:
www.2fly.net
Email:

Saint Christophe (Aosta) AeroClub Valle d'Aosta Localita' Aeroporto, 6
0165-262442 Web:
www.aecaosta.it
Email:

The MOST IMPORTANT CENTRE IS AT RIETI near Roma but here the conditions are
very good in in June, July and August. Only problem is
that in this period there are all the national competitions and it is
difficult to fly out competition.

You can find more at
www.fivv.it

Best flights

Paolo

Old April 14th 04, 09:27 PM
Going fer it

Actually Jean
Inexpensive in my mind is the whole package. ie cost of accommodation
& meals etc as well as reasonable "club" rates.
Hadn't thought of France - but now you have me thinking :-)

Old April 15th 04, 08:08 AM
Jean

In both locations you can find accomodation at very affordable rates, check:
www.csvva.org
assoc.wanadoo.fr/avsa

Old April 16th 04, 09:29 AM
iPilot

Estonia?

Pros: Cheap launches, cheap living, long days available in June/July, almost unlimited airspace,
lots of outlanding places available.
Cons: No mountains

www.purilend.ee