Find a German Spec Rivet

Old April 24th 20, 07:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Find a German Spec Rivet

I need to replace a rivet on my canopy latch on my LS-6. It is a DIN 7338 type B (semi tubular) 6mm diameter, with 15mm length from the drawing and emailing from DG. Its the rivet that handle pivots on when pushing the aft latch pin backwards. I think I can replace it with a bolt/washer/nut combo, but it won't look as nice, and I'd like to keep things to spec as possible.

I live in the USA, so its been a challenge from some googling, to finding german spec fasteners or american equivalents for a brake lining rivet with the needed dimensions. I can purchase the rivet from manufactures but I have to buy a minimum of 1000 rivets.

I was wondering if anyone had a source to buy a much more manageable amount of rivets, or if someone has found a good solution to a replacement since its the same latch used on LS-6/7/8.

Of course if someone has some extras around, I'd be happy purchase a couple and pay for shipping.

I understand the DG tax, and even if it was free, it still be a pain to get a replacement from DG since one rivet isn't close to their minimum for shipping something, for obvious reasons.

Aérospatiale Alouette II pics 1 [3/8] - A right side view of a West German Aerospatiale Alouette II helicopter patrolling the East German border.jpg (1/1) Miloch Aviation Photos 0 October 11th 17 01:40 PM
3x vs 4x rivet gun? Michael Horowitz Home Built 5 August 31st 08 02:30 AM
Mil-Spec and Mil-Spec kit? Michael Horowitz Home Built 6 October 11th 06 06:44 AM
A380 spec's G. Sylvester Piloting 30 January 21st 05 10:12 AM
mil spec Del Rawlins Home Built 2 March 21st 04 01:12 AM