A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Find a German Spec Rivet

Old April 24th 20, 07:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Find a German Spec Rivet

I need to replace a rivet on my canopy latch on my LS-6. It is a DIN 7338 type B (semi tubular) 6mm diameter, with 15mm length from the drawing and emailing from DG. Its the rivet that handle pivots on when pushing the aft latch pin backwards. I think I can replace it with a bolt/washer/nut combo, but it won't look as nice, and I'd like to keep things to spec as possible.

I live in the USA, so its been a challenge from some googling, to finding german spec fasteners or american equivalents for a brake lining rivet with the needed dimensions. I can purchase the rivet from manufactures but I have to buy a minimum of 1000 rivets.

I was wondering if anyone had a source to buy a much more manageable amount of rivets, or if someone has found a good solution to a replacement since its the same latch used on LS-6/7/8.

Of course if someone has some extras around, I'd be happy purchase a couple and pay for shipping.

I understand the DG tax, and even if it was free, it still be a pain to get a replacement from DG since one rivet isn't close to their minimum for shipping something, for obvious reasons.