Ox Cylinder ASW27

Old January 25th 19, 01:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Ox Cylinder ASW27

The O2 Cylinder that fits the ASW 27 is a Norris Cylinder, Huntsville AL, Drawn Medical D Cylinder, Drawing number: 3740416-00
The Cylinder OD on the drawing is 4.150"
The cylinder that I have, that fits in the aircraft has an OD that measures 4.196"
This is a drawn piece, not machined, so the OD isn't something that is going to be a closely held dimension. My cylinder is painted. The 4.150" is probably an as drawn dimension. If you order one from them, I would specify a Max OD of 4.2" They may have to pick through their inventory to find one that isn't over this. I have a cylinder drawing for anyone that wants one get in touch with me at this email address without the X's: 211 XX fletcher xATx gmail DOT com

SF

Old January 25th 19, 10:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

From my experience:
27035 has a steel D cylinder mounted in the tube behind the right elbow.
27058 has an AL-682 cylinder mounted in the baggage compartment (and extended aft of it). Chris Ruf has it now. Believe that mod was done at Williams. When the vent mod was installed, the cylinder had to move aft a bit.
There is a photo of 27058 baggage compartment on the 27 newsgroup, dated 17 August 2016.
29031 has the typical steel D in the tube.
29535 has the composite cylinder installed in the tube.
Composite cylinders are lower capacity and have limited life. Recently had an old steel D hydro tested and passed, even after it lived in the NE USA.
Jim