OSH ...aluminum needs polishing. HELP!!

Old May 8th 07, 08:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

Default OSH ...aluminum needs polishing. HELP!!

http://www.ionaircraft.com/Toucan.jpg
The GREEN (aluminum) parts need polishing.

What's a good 1-2-3-4-5.... step process for polishing up the aluminum
wings - for OSH?

http://www.ionaircraft.com/engineering.html

This will be my first time doing this, so don't skimp on the details please.

Thanks in advance.

Montblack
Double (TIA) if you swing by ANE and give me a hand. g

http://www.airnav.com/airport/ANE
(ANE) Anoka County-Blaine Airport, MN

http://skyvector.com/#20-117-3-1525-583
16NM (north) @ 12 o'clock on the MSP Sectional

Old May 9th 07, 01:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
john smith[_2_]

In article ,
"Montblack" wrote:

http://www.ionaircraft.com/Toucan.jpg
The GREEN (aluminum) parts need polishing.

What's a good 1-2-3-4-5.... step process for polishing up the aluminum
wings - for OSH?

FLITZ and elbow grease.

http://www.flitz.com/
Old May 9th 07, 01:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Rip

Montblack wrote:

http://www.ionaircraft.com/Toucan.jpg
The GREEN (aluminum) parts need polishing.

What's a good 1-2-3-4-5.... step process for polishing up the aluminum
wings - for OSH?

http://www.ionaircraft.com/engineering.html

This will be my first time doing this, so don't skimp on the details please.

Thanks in advance.

Montblack
Double (TIA) if you swing by ANE and give me a hand. g

http://www.airnav.com/airport/ANE
(ANE) Anoka County-Blaine Airport, MN

http://skyvector.com/#20-117-3-1525-583
16NM (north) @ 12 o'clock on the MSP Sectional

Go he
http://vintageairstream.com/Myrtle/polish1.html
Old May 9th 07, 03:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
The Visitor

Cornstarch.

Yes, I said cornstarch....

John

Old May 9th 07, 09:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Dylan Smith

On 2007-05-08, Montblack Y4_NOT! wrote:
http://www.ionaircraft.com/Toucan.jpg
The GREEN (aluminum) parts need polishing.

What's a good 1-2-3-4-5.... step process for polishing up the aluminum
wings - for OSH?

1. Time
2. Nuvite - it comes in several 'grades' - start with the coarse grades
to get the tarnish off, then finish off with the finest grade. We used
to get a perfect mirror finish on our old C140 with this.
3. Time
4. Yet more time

To do a proper polishing job on our C140 (which was only partly polished
- lower fuselage, tail and flaps - the rest was painted) would take
around 10 hours. Just for this very small plane. And it was already
pretty shiny when we started.

Old May 9th 07, 04:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Henry and Debbie McFarland

www.perfectpolish.com

Deb

--