If only I had $2.5 million...

Old May 13th 04, 07:47 PM
Journeyman

Default If only I had $2.5 million...

.... for a "business jet"???

I saw this thing on display in the hangar at Westair (HPN) this
morning: http://www.avtechgroup.com/

Had to roll my tongue back into my mouth.

Morris
Old May 13th 04, 08:31 PM
John Harlow

I saw this thing on display in the hangar at Westair (HPN) this
morning: http://www.avtechgroup.com/

Had to roll my tongue back into my mouth.

Anyone have the latest word on Honda's jet?

Old May 13th 04, 09:44 PM
HECTOP

Journeyman" wrote in message
I saw this thing on display in the hangar at Westair (HPN) this morning:
http://www.avtechgroup.com/

What a neat way for a private pilot to get into agriculture! Wonder if they
throw in the John Deeres too or just the farm alone?

HECTOP
PP-ASEL-IA
http://www.maxho.com
maxho_at_maxho.com

Old May 13th 04, 10:15 PM
Ben Jackson

In article ,
Journeyman wrote:
... for a "business jet"???

I saw this thing on display in the hangar at Westair (HPN) this
morning: http://www.avtechgroup.com/

It's not quite as cool, but www.viperjet.com has a kit that might be
more in your pricerange.

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/
Old May 13th 04, 10:17 PM
HECTOP

"Ben Jackson" wrote in message
It's not quite as cool, but www.viperjet.com has a kit that might be more
in your pricerange.

or an L-39 http://www.l39.com/For%20Sale.htm

HECTOP
PP-ASEL-IA
http://www.maxho.com
maxho_at_maxho.com

Old May 15th 04, 12:17 AM
Bushleague

A lot less if you look around (Cessna) which raises doubts about
letting you above FL290 which is a bridge you will need to cross.

Have a great one!

Bush

Old May 15th 04, 05:25 PM
Roger Halstead

On Thu, 13 May 2004 16:44:44 -0400, "HECTOP"
wrote:

Journeyman" wrote in message
m...
I saw this thing on display in the hangar at Westair (HPN) this morning:
http://www.avtechgroup.com/

What a neat way for a private pilot to get into agriculture! Wonder if they
throw in the John Deeres too or just the farm alone?

And a lot of patience... It's supposed to be available in ought six
and hasn't been certified yet. Course, one can always dream :-))

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
HECTOP
PP-ASEL-IA
http://www.maxho.com
maxho_at_maxho.com

Old May 15th 04, 05:48 PM
HECTOP

"Roger Halstead" wrote in message
And a lot of patience... It's supposed to be available in ought six
and hasn't been certified yet. Course, one can always dream :-))

I really don't know what's the fuss is all about, there are tons of MiG's
outthere that cost way less than that, paying $2.5M for a certified a/c vs
under $500K for a real supersonic
MiG fighter doesn't seem to make much sense. Either way these kinds of
planes are a sure way into farming for an average private pilot, won't even
have time to get scared

HECTOP
PP-ASEL-IA
http://www.maxho.com
maxho_at_maxho.com

Old May 17th 04, 02:49 AM
Journeyman

In article , HECTOP wrote:

I really don't know what's the fuss is all about, there are tons of MiG's
outthere that cost way less than that, paying $2.5M for a certified a/c vs
under $500K for a real supersonic MiG fighter doesn't seem to make much
sense.

Ah, but a MiG would be certified Experimental/Exhibition. You'd need a
letter of authorization for every flight.

Either way these kinds of planes are a sure way into farming for an
average private pilot, won't even have time to get scared

Since I don't plan to buy the farm any time soon, I'm just dreaming in 24-bit
theater-quality visual resolution anyway.

It was just cool seeing the thing (Javelin) on the ground.

Morris
p.s. QOTW candidate: "...average pilot won't even have time to get scared"?
Old May 17th 04, 03:30 AM
Roger Halstead

On Sat, 15 May 2004 12:48:52 -0400, "HECTOP"
wrote:

"Roger Halstead" wrote in message
.. .
And a lot of patience... It's supposed to be available in ought six
and hasn't been certified yet. Course, one can always dream :-))

I really don't know what's the fuss is all about, there are tons of MiG's
outthere that cost way less than that, paying $2.5M for a certified a/c vs
under $500K for a real supersonic
MiG fighter doesn't seem to make much sense. Either way these kinds of
planes are a sure way into farming for an average private pilot, won't even
have time to get scared

Yah, but you'd probably pay the difference in fuel and maintenance
over a couple of years.

A few years ago I had a chance to buy a low time L39 with a spare,
brand new engine still in the can for $60,000. Now look at the prices
on them. They are much less expensive to operate so the demand and
prices went wayyyy up.

Course, I remember when I had a chance to pick up five P-51s for
something like $7,500 each and they were already fueled. Just get in
and fly 'em home... But... I think that was more than a few years
back. Back when I had all my hair and it was still red.