Raytheon may sell Beeccraft division

Old July 28th 06, 02:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Default Raytheon may sell Beeccraft division

News today locally, anybody want to buy an aircraft factory?

Old July 28th 06, 02:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 20:19:48 -0500, "Jim Macklin"
wrote in
ZCdyg.84396$ZW3.79164@dukeread04::

Raytheon may sell Beeccraft division

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060727/earns_raytheon.html?.v=5
In a conference call with analysts, William H. Swanson, Raytheon's
Chairman and CEO, said the decision to possibly sell the Wichita,
Kan.-based division came after the company took a "hard look at
our product portfolio," but he refused to provide any more
details.

Old July 28th 06, 03:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Larry Dighera wrote:

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 20:19:48 -0500, "Jim Macklin"
wrote in
ZCdyg.84396$ZW3.79164@dukeread04::

Raytheon may sell Beeccraft division

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060727/earns_raytheon.html?.v=5
In a conference call with analysts, William H. Swanson, Raytheon's
Chairman and CEO, said the decision to possibly sell the Wichita,
Kan.-based division came after the company took a "hard look at
our product portfolio," but he refused to provide any more
details.

Maybe Toyota will buy it. :-)

Matt
Old July 28th 06, 04:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Or Bill Gates or one of the other MS billionaires.

It will be nice when the washing machine maker isn't making
airplanes on schedule.

Old July 28th 06, 12:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_1_]

Matt Whiting wrote:

Maybe Toyota will buy it. :-)

As a guy who own's products of both companies, I'd be thrilled to see that!
Old July 28th 06, 01:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
.Blueskies.

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message news:ZCdyg.84396$ZW3.79164@dukeread04...
: News today locally, anybody want to buy an aircraft factory?
:
:

They have been talking about this for years...

Reminds me of a guy I used to know, had a garage full of really cool RC airplanes and stuff. When asked, it was all for
sale, if the price was right....

Old July 28th 06, 03:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ross Richardson[_1_]

Raytheon made washing machines?

There were Bendix washing machines at one time but Bendix never made
them, just provided the name. I worked for Bendix in another life time.
Ross
KSWI

Old July 28th 06, 04:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Speed Queen, Raytheon sold the line to Huebsch or something
like that.

"Ross Richardson" wrote in
message ...
| Raytheon made washing machines?
|
| There were Bendix washing machines at one time but Bendix
never made
| them, just provided the name. I worked for Bendix in
another life time.
| Ross
| KSWI
|
| Jim Macklin wrote:
| Or Bill Gates or one of the other MS billionaires.
|
| It will be nice when the washing machine maker isn't
making
| airplanes on schedule.
|

| "Matt Whiting" wrote in message
| | Larry Dighera wrote:
| |
| | On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 20:19:48 -0500, "Jim Macklin"
| | wrote in
| | ZCdyg.84396$ZW3.79164@dukeread04::
| |
| |
| | Raytheon may sell Beeccraft division
| |
| |
| |
| http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060727/earns_raytheon.html?.v=5
| | In a conference call with analysts, William H.
| Swanson, Raytheon's
| | Chairman and CEO, said the decision to possibly
sell
| the Wichita,
| | Kan.-based division came after the company took
| "hard look at
| | our product portfolio," but he refused to
provide
| any more
| | details.
| |
| |
| | Maybe Toyota will buy it. :-)
| |
| |

Old July 28th 06, 05:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_1_]

Jim Macklin wrote:
Speed Queen, Raytheon sold the line to Huebsch or something
like that.

I wonder if you had to order parts from RAPID. G