(OT) MS Simmers

Old April 29th 07, 10:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Default (OT) MS Simmers

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Dan544 writes:

Is an idiot anything like a cripple?

Sorry.. It is not my style to charactarize anyone like that..

You said "idiots like mxmaniac." I was wondering if you ridicule
people in other equally cruel and thoughtless ways as well. You know,
people who have, say, physical limitations, or age.

Snort!

Whoosh!

Bertie
Old April 29th 07, 11:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Roger (K8RI)

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 22:46:35 -0400, "Dudley Henriques"
wrote:

"Dan544" dan544p@hotmail wrote in message
.. .

"Judah" wrote in message
. ..
"Dan544" dan544p@hotmail wrote in
:

Like I said, Because of physical limitations, I would never be able to get
a license. I saw an earlier post from someone who said that flying duo
would be OK. Does that mean that I could handle the plane?

Dan

Yes. Any instructor, or pilot for that matter, can allow you to handle the
controls during a flight.
I would suggest you go out to the nearest airport and simply ask for a
demonstration flight. Any CFI can do this for you and allow you all the
access you desire in handling the aircraft. A physical limitation might deny
you a medical, but you can take all the dual instruction you want to without
a medical. You just can't solo.

I've given many a youngster and no few "oldsters" rides and let them
take the controls. Some years back I took part in an aviation camp
that runs twice a summer here in Midland MI ( 3BS ). At the end of the
camp the kids did a flight plan complete with weather briefing and
then we went out and flew those plans. I did the take offs and
landings, but once at a safe altitude gave the controls over to the
youngster. I talked him through the straight and level parts up to
Gladwin (GDW) and then through a level turn. After that I only had to
remind him of the headings if he started to drift off the flight plan.
He flew to Mt Pleasant (MOP), made the turn and flew back to Midland.
Last summer he gave me a ride in the 172 which he is now flying.

In fact, in theory anyway, it is actually possible for you to become the
finest pilot in the world while doing it all with an instructor with you in
the airplane. As long as that CFI is in there with you, he is pilot in
command, but you can do all the flying your limitations will allow. The
instructor will decide where these limits are.
Were you flying with me, and you could handle the airplane, I see no reason
whatsoever that would deny you the experience of handling the aircraft from
takeoff through landing; in other words, as long as I or some other
instructor is in there with you and you can cut it, the airplane can be
yours.
Of course I have no idea just how bad your physical limitation might be. I'm
assuming what you are discussing might be enough to deny you a medical, but
not enough to actually keep you physically from flying the airplane.
With me, or any instructor who is any good at all, our only rule is that we
won't allow you to kill us or bend the airplane...that's it!! Aside from
that, it's yours to handle, so why not give it a go??? There might be no
reason at all why you can't enjoy the beauties of flight and come back here
on the group as a contributor with answers as well as questions :-))
How's THIS for something to think about?
Dudley Henriques

Old May 7th 07, 06:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Dudley Henriques writes:

No, it had nothing to do with his performance. It had EVERYTHING to
do with the arrogance and stupidity of one FAA individual exercising
power he never should have had.
Like all government stupidity, this incident, once put in the
pipeline by this incredibly incompetent individual , had to work
itself out through the agonizing process Bob and the entire aviation
community on several continents had to go through to reverse it.

What, exactly, did this FAA individual do in this incident?

What's it to you, you can't fly..

bertie
Old May 7th 07, 06:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Dudley Henriques writes:

No, it had nothing to do with his performance. It had EVERYTHING to do
with
the arrogance and stupidity of one FAA individual exercising power he
never
should have had.
Like all government stupidity, this incident, once put in the pipeline by
this incredibly incompetent individual , had to work itself out through
the
agonizing process Bob and the entire aviation community on several
continents had to go through to reverse it.

What, exactly, did this FAA individual do in this incident?

Caught him carrying passengers, while running a boot legged copy of MSFS.

Old May 7th 07, 07:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Crash Lander[_1_]

"The Old Bloke" wrote in message
*****I can't speak for Dan, but I have had 3 strokes, and would not be
able to physically get into an aircraft.

Come down to Melbourne mate! I'll fold you up and pack you into the Gazelle
if I have to! ;-) We'll get you in!
Crash Lander

Old May 7th 07, 12:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Judah writes:

Manic's problem is not that he questions the opinion of every pilot
who answers his question. Manic's problem is that he specifically
disrespects pilots.

I neither respect nor disrespect pilots; why would a person's hobby or
occupation have any bearing on whether or not I respect him? It's the
person, not the job.

However, some people are so insecure that they interpret any absence
of fawning respect to be a manifestation of _disrespect_. That's
their problem, not mine.

Yes, you're just too full up with other problems already anyway!

Bertie