Download

Old June 12th 04, 09:24 PM
Thijs Wolters

Default Download

Were can I download for MS fl.sim 2004 (or 2002) the Catalina PBY-5?
Thanks for help.
Thijs.

Old June 12th 04, 10:30 PM
Tom Allensworth

Try the library at www.avsim.com

There are a number of PBY's there.

--
Best Regards,

Tom Allensworth
www.avsim.com
Join Us In Denver for the 2004 Conference and Exhibition!
http://www.avsim.com/pages/2004conf/

Old June 13th 04, 09:43 AM
Kurt Weber

"Thijs Wolters" wrote in message
Were can I download for MS fl.sim 2004 (or 2002) the Catalina PBY-5?
Thanks for help.
Thijs.

flightsim.com

Better selection than avsim, and a faster-loading website that won't crash
your browser to boot.

--
Kurt Weber

Old June 14th 04, 04:59 PM
Matt

"Kurt Weber" wrote in message
"Thijs Wolters" wrote in message
Were can I download for MS fl.sim 2004 (or 2002) the Catalina PBY-5?
Thanks for help.
Thijs.

flightsim.com

Better selection than avsim, and a faster-loading website that won't crash
your browser to boot.

--
Kurt Weber

I don't want to get into a AVSIM vs Flightsim.com argument, but that's not
really a fair statement.

Both websites are worth checking out. I'm sure everyone has their favorite.

Matt

Old June 21st 04, 04:34 PM
Greg Copeland

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 03:43:41 -0500, Kurt Weber wrote:

"Thijs Wolters" wrote in message
Were can I download for MS fl.sim 2004 (or 2002) the Catalina PBY-5?
Thanks for help.
Thijs.

flightsim.com

Better selection than avsim, and a faster-loading website that won't crash
your browser to boot.

Download speeds could be adressed (or often helped) if they started using
bit torrent. Last I heared, neigher uses it (correct me as needed). If
one of your arguments to not use a site is download speed, seriously,
suggest to the webmaster that they begin offering downloads via torrents.
They lose nothing but demand on their bandwidth. The result is often
faster downloads and more bandwidth available for web users.

I have no association with bit torrent but recommend it because it's such
a great technology. Bluntly, for services like these, it's silly for
them not to be using it. A link to bit torrent is:
http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent.
There are also many clients available, especially for win users, so
python isn't even required.

Cheers!

Old June 21st 04, 05:33 PM
Kurt Weber

"Greg Copeland" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 03:43:41 -0500, Kurt Weber wrote:

"Thijs Wolters" wrote in message
Were can I download for MS fl.sim 2004 (or 2002) the Catalina PBY-5?
Thanks for help.
Thijs.

flightsim.com

Better selection than avsim, and a faster-loading website that won't

crash
your browser to boot.

Download speeds could be adressed (or often helped) if they started using
bit torrent.

Did you read what I said?

The AVSIM website ITSELF is what takes forever to load (and that's if it
doesn't crash your browser).

--
Kurt Weber

Old June 21st 04, 05:57 PM
Greg Copeland

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 11:33:01 -0500, Kurt Weber wrote:

"Greg Copeland" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 03:43:41 -0500, Kurt Weber wrote:

"Thijs Wolters" wrote in message
Were can I download for MS fl.sim 2004 (or 2002) the Catalina PBY-5?
Thanks for help.
Thijs.

flightsim.com

Better selection than avsim, and a faster-loading website that won't

crash
your browser to boot.

Download speeds could be adressed (or often helped) if they started using
bit torrent.

Did you read what I said?

The AVSIM website ITSELF is what takes forever to load (and that's if it
doesn't crash your browser).

LOL. Yes, I did. I'm really not sure why you're asking. I'm fairly
surprised to see you commenting in what appears to be a hostile manner.
Should I have given you a link to address your browser crashing as well?
How about http://www.mozilla.org? Your statement of "takes forever to
load" can mean so many things. You did not state specifically what the
nature of the problem was, so I made an obvious and logical assumption.
One obvious problem is often associated with bandwidth. More bandwidth
generally means faster loads. If bandwitdh is not the problem and you're
still having load time issues, try another brower. Of course, if it's a
bandwidth problem on your end, well, nothing short of a fatter pipe or
extra compression is going to fix that. Hopefully, both sites are already
using compression for their content, at the http stream level.

Regardless, the point of using BT, still stands. It would certainly be
good for the community and provide for more bandwidth for http page
requests to boot.

Cheers!

Old June 21st 04, 07:27 PM
Kurt Weber

[...]

I'm really not too sure about that.

I'm really not sure why you're asking.

Because you appear to not have.

I'm fairly
surprised to see you commenting in what appears to be a hostile manner.

If it came off as such to you, too bad. It wasn't.

Should I have given you a link to address your browser crashing as well?

No. I wasn't asking for help. I was just asking why you posted a reply to
my original comment that had absolutely nothing to do with what I stated in
that comment.

--
Kurt Weber

Old June 21st 04, 07:37 PM
Greg Copeland

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 13:27:40 -0500, Kurt Weber wrote:
LOL. Yes, I did.

I'm really not too sure about that.

I'm really not sure why you're asking.

Because you appear to not have.

I'm fairly
surprised to see you commenting in what appears to be a hostile manner.

If it came off as such to you, too bad. It wasn't.

LOL. What an idiot you. You're rude and attacked. Then lie about
it. What a dolt.

Should I have given you a link to address your browser crashing as well?

No. I wasn't asking for help. I was just asking why you posted a reply to
my original comment that had absolutely nothing to do with what I stated in
that comment.

This is unreal. I'm amazed. You need to go back and read. What an idiot
you are. You're attacking me for being helping AND offering information
which may be of value to you and the site that you're complaining about.
If you still think I did not respond to you, on topic, then you seriously
need to learn about something called reading comprehension. After it's
all said and done, perhaps you are confusing this with a moderated group?
Clearly it's not. So, even if I was off topic, which I was not, tough!
Get a life and then get over it.

If, on the other hand, you wish to offer something of substance to support
how or why I did not respond, on topic, do so. If you wish to offer proof
that you did not passively attack, twice, then do. But frankly, at this,
it's only going to make you look like a bigger moron.

Shesh. Help some people and they pee their pants. Go figure.

Old June 21st 04, 11:05 PM
Tom Allensworth

Well, given your too and fro with Greg, I am not sure I should even post in
response. You going to wail at me too for trying to help?

Do yourself and us a favor; do a TRACERT and a PING to www.avsim.com. Our
web server is exceedingly fast and our pipe puts out over 70 megs a second
and climbing. We sit on a very proximate node, and have fast service to
Europe and the Far East. I suspect you have a problem between your POP and
our server, and a PING and TRACERT will show you where that exists. Post
your results here and we'll look them over and will spot pretty quickly
where the problem lies.