Soaring the Cape of Storms

Old December 14th 18, 06:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sven[_2_]

Default Soaring the Cape of Storms

Soaring from Worcester in the Western Cape, South Africa - we have some German visitors and Stefan Langer made this exquisite video - enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OOX...&feature=share
Old December 14th 18, 08:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Whisky

Le vendredi 14 décembre 2018 06:09:15 UTC+1, Sven a écritÂ*:
Soaring from Worcester in the Western Cape, South Africa - we have some German visitors and Stefan Langer made this exquisite video - enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OOX...&feature=share

Absolutely fantastic.

Bert TW

Old December 14th 18, 05:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Foster

Beautiful! This is such a beautiful part of the world.
Old December 14th 18, 07:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

On Friday, December 14, 2018 at 8:48:34 AM UTC-8, John Foster wrote:
Beautiful! This is such a beautiful part of the world.

Noticed the recent OLC flights from Worcester on the ridge. This puts it all in perspective!
Fantastic stuff.
Jim
Old December 14th 18, 08:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Foster

Do you have the link to OLC track?
Old December 14th 18, 09:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

On Friday, December 14, 2018 at 11:34:33 AM UTC-8, John Foster wrote:
Do you have the link to OLC track?

Doubt they went penguin spotting at False Bay on 1000km days.
Jim
Old December 14th 18, 10:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

https://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-3....l?dsId=6963672
Old December 15th 18, 02:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

Fantastic Video
I've got to say that low pass over the ocean reminded me when Balleka AKA Matt Wright put his glider in the sea, the shark glider.

Updraft Speed Ranges in Different Types of Storms IdoMillet Soaring 5 July 30th 10 01:56 PM
XCSkies CAPE Spam Soaring 4 July 7th 09 06:26 AM
Solar storms spell trouble for GPS Larry Dighera Piloting 66 April 11th 07 03:20 AM
Avg. days with t'storms Dan Luke Piloting 21 July 1st 05 03:03 PM
Closest GA Airport to Cape Canaveral? Jay Honeck Piloting 9 March 11th 05 11:54 PM