Kerry is a pilot?

Old January 31st 04, 03:26 PM
Wdtabor

In article dsESb.60844$U%5.362264@attbi_s03, Newps
writes:

R.Hubbell wrote:

I think we all know what Ann really needs. But who would want to.

Where's the line forming. She's a babe.

Not only is she a babe, she has her own action figu

http://www.newsmaxstore.com/nms/show...roduct_ID=1565

Don

--
Wm. Donald (Don) Tabor Jr., DDS
PP-ASEL
Old January 31st 04, 03:37 PM
mike regish

I get a kick out of this. Kerry was wounded 3 times in combat situations
(Shrapnel and bullets...puts him kind of close to the action, no?), but his
medals were overblown and when he requested to be sent back home, as was his
right after being thrice wounded, he was shirking his duties, but GW was
just a stupid youngun when he was AWOL from his cushy, daddy provided
assignment in the ANG.

I swear, somebody's putting LSD in your drinking water.

mike regish

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message
Silver Star ("for gallantry") is even more compelling.

I read something in the last day or so that details the circumstances

under
which Kerry won his decorations. To say things were very overblown

is..well,
accurate.

Old January 31st 04, 03:53 PM
Mike Powell

"Stuart King" wrote in message . com...

At about the time our original 13 states adopted their new constitution, in
the year 1787, Alexander Tyler (a Scottish history professor at The
University of Edinborough) had this to say about "The Fall of The Athenian
Republic" some 2,000 years prior.

Actually, the guys tame was Tytler, not Tyler. And, more importantly,
nobody can find anything like this in his writings. Then there's the
fact that some of it doesn't make sense (e.g., The average age of
greatest civilizations just 200 years??? That's clearly wrong, and
Tytler would've known it). Further, Tytler *does* write about the
fall of Athens in "Universal History..." and he makes it clear the
reasons Athens fell had nothing to do with this supposed "cycle of
democracy."

This entire quote from Tytler appears to be a recent fabrication.

snip bogus cycle of democracy-to-dictatorship

Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul,
Minnesota, points out some interesting facts concerning the most recent
Presidential election:

Nope. Professor Olson never wrote this. I asked him about it and he
says he had absolutely nothing to do with these statistics or the
"quotes" attributed to him. Someone just put his name on it
apparently because they thought it sounded more credible that way.

Population of counties won by:
Gore=127 million
Bush=143 million
Square miles of land won by:
Gore=580,000
Bush=2,2427,000

These numbers are right. They're from the 11/20/00 USA Today
newspaper.

States won by:
Gore=19
Bush=29

Actually the final state-counts were Gore = 20 and Bush = 30. The
numbers shown imply this was written before the Florida and New Mexico
results were determined. So this message has been floating around the
Internet for over 3 years...

Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by:
Gore=13.2
Bush=2.1

This one is also wrong. The correct numbers (for 1999 and 2000) a

Gore = 6.5
Bush = 4.1

The ratio between these two numbers is about 1.6. Interestingly, you
get about this same ratio (within +/- 0.1) for the years 1995, 1996,
1997, and 1998 as well.

See: http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/tyler.asp for further
discussion of data sources, etc.

Professor Olson adds:

"In aggregate, the map of the territory Bush won was mostly the land owned
by the tax-paying citizens of this great country. Gore's territory
encompassed those citizens living in government-owned tenements and living
off government welfare..."

Again, Professor Olson had nothing to do with this. It's unclear who
made up these quotes, but I doubt he/she was a professor of any kind.

Pass this along.

Please don't. In fact, if you receive these bogus quotes/statistics
via e-mail, please refer the sender to:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/tyler.asp

Conservatives look bad when they willingly repeat nonsense and
proclaim it true.

-Mike P.

p.s.: I apologize to those of you who read this newsgroup for
discussions about piloting, but people start to believe this stuff
when it goes unchallenged.
Old January 31st 04, 04:03 PM
mike regish

Invest your money where it's needed. You need a LOT of clues.

mike regish

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message

Do you have a clue about ANYTHING?

He's a dollar...buy a clue!!

Old January 31st 04, 04:04 PM
mike regish

Tell that to the unemployed.

mike regish

"Newps" wrote in message

The economy officialy recovered in late 2002. We are already in our
second year of the good economy.

Old January 31st 04, 04:09 PM
mike regish

Yeah, but most of us really prefer POSITIVE results.

mike regish

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
.......big on talk but small on results.

I don't think you're seeing the whole picture. Look at the world
strategically, and consider the changes taking place.

Boy, now THERE is an understatement.

You may not agree with them, but Bush has had more "results" than any
president in recent memory.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 31st 04, 05:12 PM
R.Hubbell

writes:

R.Hubbell wrote:

I think we all know what Ann really needs. But who would want to.

Where's the line forming. She's a babe.

Not only is she a babe, she has her own action figu

http://www.newsmaxstore.com/nms/show...roduct_ID=1565

Since she probably doesn't like men anyway (they don't measure up
I'm sure) you will have to buy her figure to idolize her.

Collect them all! You'll no doubt want the Cheney, Rice, Bush, Rove,
Ridge, Rumsfeld, Powell figures too. You can play Government Gone Wild.

(Product disclaimer: The Bush action figure is hollow so that anyone
of the other action figures can stick their hand
up his you-know-what to make him, well, into an
action figure.)

Have fun!

R. Hubbell

Don

--
Wm. Donald (Don) Tabor Jr., DDS
PP-ASEL

Old January 31st 04, 06:35 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"mike regish" wrote in message
I get a kick out of this. Kerry was wounded 3 times in combat situations

All three of his wounds were superficial/band-aid level.

(Shrapnel and bullets...puts him kind of close to the action, no?),

I don't see anyone denying that.

but his
medals were overblown and when he requested to be sent back home, as was

his
right after being thrice wounded, he was shirking his duties,

Three superfical wounds? I've seen people receive more serious injuries
playing sports off duty.

What's more, his Silver Star was for giving the coup de grac to a VC that
was already wounded by a .50 cal. WOW!!!

but GW was
just a stupid youngun when he was AWOL from his cushy, daddy provided
assignment in the ANG.

And here again comes the urban legend about Bush being AWOL...

Spoken like someone totally ignorant of the military.

I swear, somebody's putting LSD in your drinking water.

Must be you putting in what you didn't injest yourself.

Kerry is certainly counting on the gullability of segments of the population
and you're providing him positive feedback.

Try digging a bit outside the mainstream press before shoving your head up
your ass.

Old January 31st 04, 06:38 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"Mike Powell" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Actually the quote is accurate, but the source is questionable.

I've seen attributions dating from 1765 all the way up to the 1830's. IAC,
the first part is fairly accurate, but the second part (chronology) is a
real stretch.

Old January 31st 04, 07:30 PM
Michael 182

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message

"mike regish" wrote in message
I get a kick out of this. Kerry was wounded 3 times in combat situations

All three of his wounds were superficial/band-aid level.

By the grace of God - does this somehow impugn his service?

Three superfical wounds? I've seen people receive more serious injuries
playing sports off duty.

And the point is?