FS: Vans RV-8

Old March 8th 10, 01:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Karl Townsend

Default FS: Vans RV-8

Sadly, my father is putting up for sale the project of his life. Its an RV-8
homebuilt airplane. About fifteen years ago, I visited my dad and seen a
pile of AL sheeting and extruded AL support stock for ribs etc. I spent two
days with him fabricating one side of the vertical fin on the tail. I
thought, "there ain't no way". Well, only 6000 logged hours of work later,
it flew. He went on to outfit it with every conceivable electronic
navigation device for full IFR rating.

Here's a couples links. Kinda shows what's involved.
http://www.rv8.ch/
http://www.vansaircraft.com/public/rv-8int.htm

If you're in the market for a meticulously home built aircraft, this is one
hell-of-a deal. Here's the specs:

710- CT ASKING
PRICE---$90,000

SPECIAL AIRWOTTHINESS CERTIFICATE ------------ 09/ 13/ 00
LYCOMING ENGINE- 0-360 A1A 180 HP. ENGINE HAS 500 HOURS AS OF 2/22/10

414 HRS. INSTALLED UNISON SLICK AIRCRAFT MAGS.

OIL AND FILTER HAS BEEN CHANGED EACH 25 HRS. WITH PHILLIPS 20 W-50 OIL AND
12 OZ. AV BLEND

PLANE HAS NEAR NEW MICHELIN TIRES

I CRUISE AT 150 KNTS

HOSES

NEW FLEXIBLE IN 2009

OIL, GASOLINE, INSTRUMENT LINES

OIL COOLER, FUEL PUMP, AND CARBURATOR

RADIOS
GMA 340 AUDIO PANEL

GNS 430 GPS

GTX 327 TRANSPONDER

MX 20 MFD

GI 106 NAV. INDICATOR

ALTITUDE HOLD AUTO PILOT

CARUS 3000 V. STERILIZER

STEC C 1261-17-14 PITCH COMPUTER

STEC 0107-5 PS PITCH SERVO

STEC 0111 TRANSDUCER

GARMIN 3-4-56 GPS ANTENNA

CI-122 COMM. ANTENNA

IMC INSTRUMENTS

3 1/8" ATTITUDE INDICATOR / ELECTRIC

3 1/8" GYRO COMPASS/ ELECTRIC

3 1/8" TURN AND BANK INDICATOR / ELECTRIC

2 ¼" VERTICAL SPEED INDICATOR

SENSENICH AIRCRAFT PROPELLER

PROPELLER MODEL- 72M859-1-83

PROPELLER SERIAL NUMBER - 32942

Pics can be emailed if you're interested.

Karl

Old March 9th 10, 10:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Here's a couples links. Kinda shows what's involved.http://www.rv8.ch/http://www.vansair...ic/rv-8int.htm

[...]

* * * * * 2 " VERTICAL SPEED INDICATOR

SENSENICH AIRCRAFT PROPELLER

* * * * * PROPELLER MODEL- 72M859-1-83

* * * * * PROPELLER SERIAL NUMBER - 32942

Pics can be emailed if you're interested.

Karl

Karl

You can advertise the airplane for free - including a photo - on the
free online aviation magazine www.av8magazine.com

All you need to do is to go to the website, register for free and log-
on to receive the latest issue of the mag. Take a look at the ads
towards the back of each issue - they are split between ads from the
US and those from Europe. As you are now a registered user you can
send an email to the mag with details of the airplane, and a photo -
they will included for free in the next issue.

There's much more to the mag than free ads - including a monthly
feature 'Reach for the Sky' which spotlights homebuilts and
restorations - so check it out.
Old March 9th 10, 12:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
cavelamb[_2_]

Karl,

Don't forget to put an add on Barnstormers.

http://www.barnstormers.com/

VANS RV-4 Glenn[_2_] Aviation Photos 0 October 4th 07 08:57 AM
Vans RV-4 Glenn[_2_] Aviation Photos 25 July 18th 07 07:50 AM
Vans RV-10 [email protected] Home Built 3 September 25th 06 06:23 AM
Vans RV-11 Scott Correa Soaring 27 January 5th 04 08:56 AM
Vans RV-G glider Mark James Boyd Soaring 16 November 6th 03 11:03 PM