"No more than three visits"

Old January 12th 05, 02:27 PM
ir. K.P. Termaat

Default "No more than three visits"

Hello,

For the next IGC meeting in March 2005 at Lausanne we filed a proposal
to amend the note "turn points must be at least 10 km apart and may be
claimed only once" in rule 1.4.3.c. and 1.4.5.b. This is to avoid that
large sportif flights like the 1000km flight given under
http://www.segelflugszene.de/olcphp/...hp?ref3=119825
are not rewarded with the FAI badge because of violation of the so
called "anti yo-yo" note in the above rules. We feel this to be
unreasonable for this type of flight and came up with a more general
"anti yo-yo" definition: "for the performance no more than three
visits to turn points may be claimed".

Four documents have resulted from our initiatif. They can be seen and
downloaded under:
http://home.wxs.nl/~kpt9/proposals.doc (the basic proposal)
http://home.wxs.nl/~kpt9/intention.doc (benefit to soaring society)
http://home.wxs.nl/~kpt9/comment.doc (comment of Sporting Code
Committee)
http://home.wxs.nl/~kpt9/reply.doc (our reply to the comment)

The basic proposal is quite lengthy because of the detail, the others
are relatively short.

We hereby ask especially IGC delegates to have a serious look at the
above documents and hopefully develop a positive view on our proposal.

Karel Termaat
NAC Gliding NL