Aircraft N number

Old November 10th 07, 11:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Lew Hartswick

Default Aircraft N number

Where would I look to find who is/was the owner of a power
plane ( small side by side seating "Piper" looking ) seen
in a movie?
N97422
Any Ideas? Thanks.
...lew...
Old November 10th 07, 11:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jcarlyle

I tried this site, Lew:
http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/
but it just indicates that that N number is being held. Probably not
what you wanted...

-John

Old November 10th 07, 11:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Joyce[_2_]

On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 16:08:30 -0700, Lew Hartswick
wrote:

Where would I look to find who is/was the owner of a power
plane ( small side by side seating "Piper" looking ) seen
in a movie?
N97422
Any Ideas? Thanks.
...lew...

Go Here
http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinqu...um_inquiry.asp

The number is reserved but not now assigned to an
aircraft.
Old November 11th 07, 03:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

When (what year) was the movie produced? I can tell you who owned it
if you can tell me what year (or even better what month) it was
filmed. Won't be until Tuesday because Monday is a federal holiday.

Jim

Go Herehttp://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/NNum_inquiry.asp

Old November 11th 07, 03:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Nov 10, 5:08 pm, Lew Hartswick wrote:
Where would I look to find who is/was the owner of a power
plane ( small side by side seating "Piper" looking ) seen
in a movie?
N97422
Any Ideas? Thanks.
...lew...

N9742Z is a C206, Any chance you got the number wrong? Which movie?

Old November 11th 07, 05:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
fred

wrote:

Where would I look to find who is/was the owner of a power
plane ( small side by side seating "Piper" looking ) seen
in a movie?
N97422
Any Ideas? Thanks.
...lew...

Go Herehttp://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/NNum_inquiry.asp

The number is reserved but not now assigned to an
aircraft.

I believe it was 1954. It was a Sci Fi movie. A friend was
showing several movies to me and this one had a C47 in it
as well. I got to wondering if I could find out just who
owned it. Can't remember the name of the movie right now
but could ask him tomorrow. In my opinion there was some
bad Sci in the Sci Fi but that is to be expected in any
thing from Hollywood. :-(
...lew...- Hide quoted text -

Back in the late 40's I flew a PIPER CHIEF, but I will have to look in
old log books for the number.
Not a big production run.I thought it was nice. If someone has the
number reserved, it could be a restoration job in progress.
With some effort, you might find old pilots that have logged the same
aircraft, It's been probably about 60 years since built.
Old flying clubs would be a likely path of ownership. May have been a
part of an estate. If it was in a movie, the airplane was probably in
So. Calif at that time. It could have also been a project of Long
Beach Poly High School. I bought a T Craft BC12 D from them about
1957. Let us know how your search progresses, it could be educational.
Fred Robinson

Old November 11th 07, 08:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Glider Rescue

http://www.aeromovies.fr/Thisislandearth.html

In French but lists a Stinson under that reg number,
might help a bit.

BK

wrote:

[...]

Cumulus Glider Rescue
Glider & Sailplane Restoration
http://www.bpg.flyer.co.uk/cgr.htm

Old November 11th 07, 02:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce B.

This site has many searches available (in English):
http://www.landings.com/
Then click "databases" at the top, then "basic search".
Here are the results (I deleted the owners name and address, but it
has them both).
N97412
Aircraft Serial Number : 108-412
Aircraft Manufacturer : UNIVERSAL STINSON
Model : 108
Engine Manufacturer : FRANKLIN
Model : 6A4150 SERIES
Aircraft Year : 1946
Owner Name :
Owner Address :
Type of Owner : Individual
Registration Date : 16-Mar-2005
Airworthiness Certificate Type : Standard
Regards,
Bruce