A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

ASW27B prices falling



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #71  
Old May 15th 19, 11:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ripacheco1967
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 73
Default ASW27B prices falling

On Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 6:00:32 AM UTC-5, wrote:
There are 3 nice ASW27's for sale, all at reduced prices in the Wings and Wheels website. We 3 owners are mystified at the seeming lack of interest in this ship. Two of us are no longer flying thanks to Father Time and we're throwing in lots of soaring related "goodies" with your purchase.



http://wingsandwheels.com/classifieds/?m=glider


There 2 AWS27 on W&W now one AWS 27 for 60K and a AWS 27b for 80K.

I can see that people seem to prefer motor-gliders these days... at least on the new ones...
Ads
  #72  
Old May 16th 19, 12:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 78
Default ASW27B prices falling

On Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at 6:35:31 PM UTC-4, ripacheco1967 wrote:
On Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 6:00:32 AM UTC-5, wrote:
There are 3 nice ASW27's for sale, all at reduced prices in the Wings and Wheels website. We 3 owners are mystified at the seeming lack of interest in this ship. Two of us are no longer flying thanks to Father Time and we're throwing in lots of soaring related "goodies" with your purchase.



http://wingsandwheels.com/classifieds/?m=glider


There 2 AWS27 on W&W now one AWS 27 for 60K and a AWS 27b for 80K.



Some interesting facts, the ASW27 is as good as the ASG29 in the 15 meter configuration. Lot less money and with the right person at the stick you may even be surprised. The 27 is as good as any fifteen meter ship around, maybe better. I had a new 20 back in the late 70's and I have always said that if there was a hall of fame for gliders the 20 would be at the top of the list. The 27 is a great 15 meter ship. I took a look at the 15 meter national scores and the 27 is as competitive as any. You usually get what you pay for.

I can see that people seem to prefer motor-gliders these days... at least on the new ones...


  #73  
Old May 16th 19, 01:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,127
Default ASW27B prices falling

On Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at 4:28:50 PM UTC-7, Bob Youngblood wrote:
On Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at 6:35:31 PM UTC-4, ripacheco1967 wrote:
On Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 6:00:32 AM UTC-5, wrote:
There are 3 nice ASW27's for sale, all at reduced prices in the Wings and Wheels website. We 3 owners are mystified at the seeming lack of interest in this ship. Two of us are no longer flying thanks to Father Time and we're throwing in lots of soaring related "goodies" with your purchase.



http://wingsandwheels.com/classifieds/?m=glider


There 2 AWS27 on W&W now one AWS 27 for 60K and a AWS 27b for 80K.



Some interesting facts, the ASW27 is as good as the ASG29 in the 15 meter configuration. Lot less money and with the right person at the stick you may even be surprised. The 27 is as good as any fifteen meter ship around, maybe better. I had a new 20 back in the late 70's and I have always said that if there was a hall of fame for gliders the 20 would be at the top of the list. The 27 is a great 15 meter ship. I took a look at the 15 meter national scores and the 27 is as competitive as any. You usually get what you pay for.

I can see that people seem to prefer motor-gliders these days... at least on the new ones...


ASW-27 has something the ASG-29 doesn't have, about 50 pound lighter wings!
  #74  
Old May 16th 19, 03:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George Haeh
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 106
Default ASW27B prices falling

One reason I moved from a nice 20C to a 27 was lighter wings. Rigging and derigging easier for older pilots.

But there's costs for the automatic hookups and carbon fiber: smaller O2 bottle and maybe external antennas for PowerFLARM and transponder.
  #75  
Old May 18th 19, 04:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 561
Default ASW27B prices falling

On Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at 7:07:58 PM UTC-7, George Haeh wrote:
One reason I moved from a nice 20C to a 27 was lighter wings. Rigging and derigging easier for older pilots.

But there's costs for the automatic hookups and carbon fiber: smaller O2 bottle and maybe external antennas for PowerFLARM and transponder.


It would be cheaper to buy a one-man rigger (a real back-saver).

Tom
  #76  
Old May 18th 19, 03:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 94
Default ASW27B prices falling

ASW 27 or ASW27B + modern self rigger, ahhhh that's the way to go.
Light and easy. Good for us old farts.

  #77  
Old May 18th 19, 06:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George Haeh
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 106
Default ASW27B prices falling

Got the one man rigger.
  #78  
Old May 23rd 19, 09:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ripacheco1967
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 73
Default ASW27B prices falling

So much for falling prices... the 80K AWS27 got sold... only one 60K is left...
  #79  
Old May 23rd 19, 10:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Agnew
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 260
Default ASW27B prices falling

On Thursday, May 23, 2019 at 4:58:07 PM UTC-4, ripacheco1967 wrote:
So much for falling prices... the 80K AWS27 got sold... only one 60K is left...


The question is what the 80k one actually sold for.

PA
  #80  
Old May 23rd 19, 11:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike C
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 289
Default ASW27B prices falling

On Thursday, May 23, 2019 at 3:39:20 PM UTC-6, Paul Agnew wrote:
On Thursday, May 23, 2019 at 4:58:07 PM UTC-4, ripacheco1967 wrote:
So much for falling prices... the 80K AWS27 got sold... only one 60K is left...


If you are interested in types, check out a used LAK 17a 15/18. They are nice sailplanes, comfortable and easy to fly, with very good performance.

Mike



 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS ASW27B HL Falbaum Soaring 3 December 20th 06 10:51 PM
ASW27B Ray Gimmey Soaring 1 November 4th 06 02:41 AM
Gas prices falling... Jay Honeck Piloting 41 August 27th 06 10:16 AM
The sky is falling! Jim Home Built 10 April 30th 04 04:40 AM
ASW27B polar Chip Fitzpatrick Soaring 2 March 1st 04 12:48 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 AviationBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.