c-170 op/ed?

Old April 15th 05, 06:03 AM
houstondan

hum........does being out of production mean there are not replacements
out there?

in this case?

dan

Old April 15th 05, 03:37 PM
Jim Burns

I'd lean towards an all metal B model. Do a google for the model/equipment
changes, you can compare prices better then.
Jim

"houstondan" wrote in message
oups.com...
in my ongoing process of falling in love with various aircraft which i
cannot afford (yet!) i come to the cessna 170.

looks like 35-40k$ for a fair example. i think i prefer the no
nosewheel configuration and i'm endorsed to drag so that's ok. i'm
curious about the 6 cylinder 145hp motor. seems like it would be
smooth. does the ac feel underpowered? it looks to me like a utility
172 analog with a little less power for maybe 20-grand less.

opinions/editorials?

dan

Old April 16th 05, 12:54 AM
Dave Stadt

The 170 A model was also all metal. The 170 had rag wings and if hungered
there is nothing wrong with them.

Old April 16th 05, 03:58 AM
Jim Burns

Yep, you're right, I'd lean towards the B as it was the last production
model of the 170. More of them around, more for sale, more choices, and
more parts.
http://www.cessna170.org

Jim

m...