I'm a real PILOT!

Old March 31st 04, 11:07 PM
Rick Glasser

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 19:26:03 GMT, CFLav8r wrote:
I'm a real pilot, am I not?
I ask this question to the entire aviation NG, to find out if you consider
yourself a real pilot.
The question came as I was returning from my mailbox this morning only to
have my neighbor stop and ask me "why if your always getting aviation stuff
(EAA magazine came this morning) in the mail do you not become a real
pilot?". And to this I answered "I am a real pilot".
He then said "No your not, you don't fly the big planes".
Well considering the source of the question, I just said just because I have
a drivers license doesn't mean I want to drive a truck or bus.

This isn't the first time that I have had someone not consider me to be a
real pilot.
Has anyone else had a similar experience?
And what if any was your response?
Or do you not consider yourself a real pilot?

David (KORL)
PP - ASEL -Instrument student

I was in the drive-thru lane at the local grease-trap a couple of months
ago. The kid at the cashier asks "Are you a pilot?" Says he saw my plates
and the AOPA sticker in the side window. I respond (with my chest puffed
out), "Why, yes I am." He asks, "What airline do you fly for?" I say,
"I don't fly for an airline, I fly myself." He says, "No, I mean, are
you a real pilot. I want to get a job as a pilot." I said, "Do you
think that you get the keys to the 747 on the first day?" He kinda
garumphs and says, "Guess not." I take my burger and drive off.

--
Rick/JYO
PP-ASEL-IA
Old March 31st 04, 11:30 PM
G.R. Patterson III

CFLav8r wrote:

Or do you not consider yourself a real pilot?

Of course I do! If you fly a Maule, there's no question about it. :-)

George Patterson
Treason is ne'er successful, Sir; what then be the reason? Why, if treason
be successful, Sir, then none dare call it treason.
Old March 31st 04, 11:38 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Andrew Gideon wrote:

When she heard that he knew me through aviation, she became that much more
attentive to him.

Watch out for this. Most cases I've seen, the woman was simply calculating how well
she could do with all that money the guy was "wasting" on aviation.

Old April 1st 04, 12:39 AM
Gene Seibel

Doesn't matter what non-pilots think. As far as I'm concerned, anyone
who's soloed is a real pilot. Anyone who's soloed has been in a
position where their life depended on them landing an airplane. That's
being a pilot.
--
Gene Seibel
Hangar 131 - http://pad39a.com/gene/plane.html

Old April 1st 04, 12:54 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"Brad Z" wrote in message
newswFac.148621$_w.1659173@attbi_s53...
Nobody's asked me, but if they did, I'd show 'em my watch and my
sunglasses.

Perfect! I might add a leather bomber jacket too.

You DON'T have to make airplane sounds
(PWLLLLLLLLLLLTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHTTTTTT TTTTTTTT) with your
tongue, though.

Old April 1st 04, 12:56 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"Bob Chilcoat" wrote in message
I was in the Aero Club bar the other week, after flying in for the

weekend.
I had the full gear on: my Akubra style hat with the airplane pins all
around the brim, the fighter jacket with the pens on the sleeve, the wings
prominently stitched over the left pocket, flying boots, flight bag next

me, scarf on the table. A gorgeous Michele Pfeiffer lookalike comes over
and we get to chatting. "Are you a real pilot?" she asks. "I like to

think
I am," I reply. "I love flying and fly as often as I can. I have all the
licenses, and I have a good time." She says she's not a pilot. Then, for
some reason, she blurts out: "I'm a lesbian. I think of women in the
morning when I wake up. I think about women at breakfast, at lunch, at
dinner, and at every waking moment in between. I even dream about women,"
she says. She then says good-bye and leaves me to contemplate the world.

little while later a man and his wife come past and ask me: "Are you a

real
pilot?" I answer: "I used to think I was, but I just found out that I am

lesbian!"

BAH DA BUM!!!

Old April 1st 04, 12:57 AM
Andrew Sarangan

No, you are not a real pilot unless you fly an airplane that has a
bathroom :-) That is what most of my nonflying friends think.

"CFLav8r" wrote in

Old April 1st 04, 01:01 AM
BigNick73

rofl i had a girl ask me if i was a pilot the other day. i said yes but i
was still technically a student pilot since i cant carry pax yet but do fly
by myself .(im 20.9 hours today got my 3 stop 150nm xc monday) she said
"ohh yeah thought u were kinda young to be a real pilot". yet she was about
21 2 years younger than me. ohh well ive come to the conclusion that alot of
"non-pilots" dont realize what it takes to fly even a Cessna 150 by
yourself. ohh well. -Nick

Old April 1st 04, 01:24 AM
Greg Burkhart

I use to have a friend that would call me a 'baby pilot' because he said I
flew 'baby planes'...

"CFLav8r" wrote in message
. com...
I'm a real pilot, am I not?