Temporary TFR zones

Old November 22nd 05, 02:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Temporary TFR zones

I have a question concerning blanket notam 3/1862 shown here

3/1862~ (Issued for KFDC PART 1 OF 2)~ SPECIAL NOTICE. THIS NOTICE MODIFIES
FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS PREVIOUSLY ISSUED IN FDC NOTAM 2/0199 TO COMPLY WITH
STATUTORY MANDATES DETAILED IN SECTION 352 OF PUBLIC LAW 108-7. EFFECTIVE
0303061100 UTC (0600 LOCAL 03/06/03 UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. PURSUANT TO 14 CFR
SECTION 99.7, SPECIAL SECURITY INSTRUCTIONS, COMMENCING ONE HOUR BEFORE THE
SCHEDULED TIME OF THE EVENT UNTIL ONE HOUR AFTER THE END OF THE EVENT, ALL
AIRCRAFT AND PARACHUTE OPERATIONS ARE PROHIBITED AT AND BELOW 3,000 FEET AGL
WITHIN A THREE NAUTICAL MILE RADIUS OF ANY STADIUM HAVING A SEATING CAPACITY
OF 30,000 OR MORE PEOPLE IN WHICH A MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL, NATIONAL FOOTBALL
LEAGUE, NCAA DIVISION ONE FOOTBALL, OR MAJOR MOTOR SPEEDWAY EVENT IS
OCCURING. ALL PREVIOUSLY ISSUED WAIVERS TO FDC NOTAM 2/0199 ARE RESCINDED.
THOSE WHO MEET ANY OF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA MAY REAPPLY FOR A WAIVER TO
THESE RESTRICTIONS: (A FOR OPERATIONAL PURPOSES OF AN EVENT, STADIUM, OR
OTHER VENUE, INCLUDING (IN THE CASE OF A SPORTING EVENT THE TRANSPORT OF
EQUIPMENT OR PARTS, TEAM MEMBERS, OFFICIALS OF THE GOVERNING BODY, THE
IMMEDIATE FAMILY MEMBERS AND GUESTS OF SUCH TEAMS, AND OFFICIALS TO AND FROM
THE EVENT, STADIUM, OR OTHER VENUE, END PART 1 OF 2 06 MAR 11:00 UNTIL UFN

~ (Issued for KFDC PART 2 OF 2)~ SPECIAL NOTICE. (B FOR BROADCAST COVERAGE
FOR ANY BROADCAST RIGHTS HOLDER, (C FOR SAFETY AND SECURITY PURPOSES OF THE
EVENT, STADIUM, OR OTHER VENUE. THIS RESTRICTION DOES NOT APPLY TO; (A THOSE
AIRCRAFT AUTHORIZED BY ATC FOR OPERATIONAL OR SAFETY PURPOSES INCLUDING
AIRCRAFT ARRIVING OR DEPARTING FROM AN AIRPORT USING STANDARD AIR TRAFFIC
PROCEDURES; (B DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE, LAW ENFORCEMENT, OR AEROMEDICAL FLIGHT
OPERATIONS THAT ARE IN CONTACT WITH ATC. STADIUM SITE LOCATIONS AND
INFORMATION REGARDING WAIVER APPLICATIONS IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 352 OF
PUBLIC LAW 108-7 CAN BE OBTAINED FROM THE FAA WEBSITE AT
HTTP://WWW.FAA.GOV/ATS/ATA/WAIVER OR BY CALLING 571-227-1322. END PART 2 OF
2 06 MAR 11:00 UNTIL UFN

If you are on ATC vectors within class B airspace transiting that class B
airspace does this restriction apply or are you exempted because you have
been "authorized by ATC for operational or safety purposes".

What raises this question is trying to do a BAY TOUR at SFO during a Giants
or 49er home game. The usual restriction is below 2000 or 1500 feet west of
bayshore freeway. This restriction will put you within the TFR for
Candlestick park and many times 3COM park.

Also it is interesting that the times given for events on the AOPA website
are EST not real helpful if you don't think to convert it to local time.
Also be careful with their material since they seem to think that the 49er
play at 3COM park.

Howard

Old November 22nd 05, 06:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Howard Nelson wrote:
If you are on ATC vectors within class B airspace transiting that class B
airspace does this restriction apply or are you exempted because you have
been "authorized by ATC for operational or safety purposes".

What raises this question is trying to do a BAY TOUR at SFO during a Giants
or 49er home game. The usual restriction is below 2000 or 1500 feet west of
bayshore freeway. This restriction will put you within the TFR for
Candlestick park and many times 3COM park.

If you're inside Class B at all you'd better be "authorized by ATC",
right? Also, I thought Candlestick park and 3com park were the same
place.

-R

Old November 22nd 05, 09:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

"Howard Nelson" wrote in message
om...
If you are on ATC vectors within class B airspace transiting that class B
airspace does this restriction apply or are you exempted because you have
been "authorized by ATC for operational or safety purposes".

You're exempt from the stadium TFR while you're flying on a clearance.

--Gary

Old November 23rd 05, 05:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

"Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...

Howard Nelson wrote:
If you are on ATC vectors within class B airspace transiting that class

airspace does this restriction apply or are you exempted because you

have
been "authorized by ATC for operational or safety purposes".

What raises this question is trying to do a BAY TOUR at SFO during a

Giants
or 49er home game. The usual restriction is below 2000 or 1500 feet west

of
bayshore freeway. This restriction will put you within the TFR for
Candlestick park and many times 3COM park.

If you're inside Class B at all you'd better be "authorized by ATC",
right? Also, I thought Candlestick park and 3com park were the same
place.

My bad. You are right. The new names in bay area are Giants=SBC stadium.
49ers=3COM. Lakers=Staples Center. Kings=Arco Arena. Sharks=HP pavilion.
Raiders=McAfee Coliseum. Hey maybe we can get corporate names for airports
and help reduce user fees. SFO=Oracle airport. SCJ=Apple airport

Howard

Old November 27th 05, 08:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

What raises this question is trying to do a BAY TOUR at SFO during a
Giants
or 49er home game. The usual restriction is below 2000 or 1500 feet west
of
bayshore freeway. This restriction will put you within the TFR for
Candlestick park and many times 3COM park.

I don't know the answer, but the last time I flew a Bay Tour there was a
Giants game going on.
I was prepared to ask fot the *I-280 transition* but never got the chance as
they directed me that way anyway.
This brought me out over the west side of the pennisula up to the Golden
Gate, outside the TFR.

Once you get to the Bay, they let you go on your own navigation, below the
3000' class B floor, and north of the Bay Bridge. Thats when you have to
watch out for the TFR and avoid downtown.

I don't know if they always do this. I've only flown it 3 times since I got
my certificate.
According to my instructor, the basic choices are low route (1500') or the
high route (3500'), and taking the 101 or the 280 transition. The time I
took the low route, I had to ask for it, as they (Norcal) first wanted to
send me up to 3500'.

At an A's game I went to, there seemed to be a lot of light planes passing
nearby. Flying to the coliseum, then to the 29 numbers is a standard way to
transition Oakland class C.

Dave

Old November 27th 05, 03:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

If the local SFO politicians get the chance, they will
likely ask for a vote by the "poeople" of SFO, to ban
aircraft smaller than 40,000 pounds GW, since the smaller
aircraft are just for the rich and could be described as
Saturday (week-end) Specials. Remember, aircraft are not
protected by the Constitution, it is a privilege to fly and
in SFO even Constitutional Rights are not protected from the
voters.

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

some support

Old November 27th 05, 04:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Yes, Yes. You must treat it as a priviledge to fly this route. Do not go too
low or near downtown buildings,
and do not linger too long over the bridges. I try to sound a professional
as I can to ATC, and get all information I can before going.
But while we can, it is so cool.

Another issue is low fog in that area which may not be covered by flight
service briefings. You can find detailed satellite photos at
http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/zoa/BriefgNav.php. Also check the Berkeley web cam
at http://sv.berkeley.edu/view/index.html.
Even if the rest of the Bay is perfectly clear, fog can cover the Golden
gate and the coast. ATC may vector you out over the fog.

Dave