Near miss from space junk.

Old April 5th 07, 06:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell

Default Near miss from space junk.

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message

Complete bull****, all of it.

If computers had the ability to solve all the problems in your fantisized
perceptiong of reality - robots would be running marathons, istead of just
taking their first baby steps,,,,,, much like yourself.

Old April 5th 07, 06:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell

"chris" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Apr 5, 9:31 am, "Jay Beckman" wrote:
"chris" wrote in message

I am getting real sick of this ****.. He once again is becoming
insistant that he's right, even though once again everyone else is
telling him he's wrong. The old mx refrain of "qualifications don't
mean anything and I don't respect anyone by default" is just another
way of saying "I won't listen to you even if you're qualified to give
an opinion, and I won't believe you unless you agree with me"

I was going to say that this guy is turning into a right f**kknuckle,
but then a quick google search shows that in various newsgroups they
were real sick of him way back on '01

I have tried, as have others, to explain rationally to mx what all of
us licensed pilots know, but no matter what we tell him, he won't
believe us, and seems to think somehow he is better than ordinary
mortals. I remember him saying a while back how he was sure he would
find learning to fly a real a/c 'trivial' since he was so good at
flying a sim. Now he is saying he would be able to fly indefinitely
on instruments with only him training on MSFS!!

I think this guy needs to be a character on Heroes if he's as good as
he thinks he is! What the hell, why doesn't he just walk into his
local FBO and pick up a license? He thinks his sim time is all he
needs, the actual flying is 'trivial'

What a dick.

Very true, every bit of it. But what he is sucessful at, is arguing everyone
in to eventually answering his questions. Which is his only self serving
motivation for his being here, with the exception of his enjoyment of
spreading his twisted idea of the reality of flight.

Everyone should just keep feeding him the same bull**** he is feeding them,
but quit letting him goad them in to answering his quesitons.

He has already made it clear in this forum alone, that he could give a ****
about anyone here, or their efforts in guiding him - and that his ability to
get answers here is just his own little Pavlovian experiment which most have
not wised up to.

Old April 5th 07, 09:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george

On Apr 6, 12:14 am, Ron Natalie wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote:
Dave Doe writes:

We didn't say much to each other until Omarama - me; I was thinking long
and hard about my mistakes (Marty's flown with me on many occasions and
he's a smart guy, he knows we don't venture into clouds). At the end of
the day I concluded it was a big mistake of mine to put as much faith in
Marty as I had done - I'm a trained pilot - but Marty isn't.

Was he keeping the aircraft straight and level in IMC? Why didn't you spin
helplessly out of control in 90 seconds, the way you're supposed to whenever
you enter a cloud without an instrument rating?

How would you know? You've not been anywhere near IMC in an aircraft.
Your room is always straight and level. The top of your computer makes
a wonderful horizon.

and don't forget the pause button.
I'm in the market for any aeroplane that has a pause button
ROTFLMAO

Old April 5th 07, 09:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose

and don't forget the pause button.
I'm in the market for any aeroplane that has a pause button

Cirrus.

It's a bit buggy though, it tends to crash the system.

Jose
--
Get high on gasoline: fly an airplane.
Old April 6th 07, 06:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
d.g.s.

On 4/5/2007 10:33 AM Maxwell jumped down, turned around, and wrote:

[...]

Everyone should just keep feeding him the same bull**** he is feeding them,
but quit letting him goad them in to answering his quesitons.

This would be a better idea than you might think. Anthony claims to
follow the Golden Rule. That means he treats others as he would want to
be treated. If he treats others like idiots by feeding them a bunch of
bull****, then clearly others should treat him like an idiot by feeding
him bull****, *and no more than that.*

Of course, it would be better to simply ignore him. In the various
forums in which he has participated (in Usenet especially), he tends to
receive responses not unlike those he has gotten here. Eventually,
people either figure out that ignoring him is the best policy, or they
keep responding. Many people do so in the mistaken belief that it's a
good idea to "help" him. Do not do this. It is very much a mistake.
Attempts to "help" Anthony are meaningless, as he considers all who
post here and in other Usenet forums as nothing more than names on a
screen, and thus denies their humanity. You will not fix this, ever.

He has already made it clear in this forum alone, that he could give a ****
about anyone here, or their efforts in guiding him - and that his ability to
get answers here is just his own little Pavlovian experiment which most have
not wised up to.

Whether or not this is all due to "his own little Pavlovian experiment"
isn't really relevant. He does get answers here, and he gets a certain
kind of response from a lot of people who post here. Want it to end?
Quit responding. Really. It's that simple. And quit pretending that
trying to "help" will change anything. It won't.
--
dgs
Old April 6th 07, 07:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell

"d.g.s." wrote in message
On 4/5/2007 10:33 AM Maxwell jumped down, turned around, and wrote:

[...]

Everyone should just keep feeding him the same bull**** he is feeding
them, but quit letting him goad them in to answering his quesitons.

This would be a better idea than you might think. Anthony claims to
follow the Golden Rule. That means he treats others as he would want to
be treated. If he treats others like idiots by feeding them a bunch of
bull****, then clearly others should treat him like an idiot by feeding
him bull****, *and no more than that.*

I think it's the only solution.

[...]

First to clarify, he is the one that compared himself to Pavlov, not me. But
I do think him stating so is very important, because it reveals his true
perspective.

He has obviously accomplished little in his lifetime by his own admittance,
regardless of how long or short, so he hides behind a computer on the
Usenet, pretending to be something he clearly is not. All the while trolling
in an attempt to increase his knowledge, while deliberately aggravating the
people he envies the most. The people that have that knowledge and have
actually flown.

Old April 7th 07, 08:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

"chris" wrote in
ups.com:

On Apr 3, 3:37 pm, "Bertie the Bunyip"
wrote:
On 2 Apr, 22:26, "chris" wrote:

On Apr 3, 5:56 am, Mxsmanic wrote:

Dylan Smith writes:
Why is it therefore deemed not only acceptable but entirely
normal that there is no in-flight fuel cross check in the form
of a gauge that at least gives a reasonable indication of how
much fuel you have left?

Some pilots apparently love aviation so much that they're willing
to die in the cockpit.

That's a rather negative way to look at it!!! In a few days I will
be flying for 2 1/2 hours on a cross country. I will have 4 1/2
hours fuel. That doesn't sound reckless to me!!!

You won't be flying. you won't be on a cross coutry and you won't
have fuel, Jesus boi.

Oh and BTW, How do you know Jesus didn't **** like a bunny?

Bertie- Hide quoted text -

Eh?? I posted about having a 2 1/2 hr cross country coming up, not
mx, and I certainly will be flying a real aeroplane!! :-)

Oops, sorry, the quoted text is MSX manic's but I dropped it under your
poast in error.

bertie
Old April 8th 07, 08:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

EridanMan writes:

Who would install $2 million of avionics on
a $90,000 aircraft?

God forbid you spend the 30 seconds required to lookup the price of a
TCAS system and save yourself from making such an embarrassingly
pointless question.

I didn't say anything about the cost of a TCAS system

Who cares what you say, wannabe boi?

Bertie
Old April 8th 07, 04:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Judah

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Not minutes at a time, but HOURS at a time depending on how long
the flight in the clouds lasts. Not quite spinning like the fun
training device I was mentioning, but the effect is just as good;
better actually.

But you don't have to walk in an aircraft.

So if you are spun around in a chair you won't be equally disoriented?
Old April 8th 07, 08:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Judah writes:

So if you are spun around in a chair you won't be equally disoriented?

The disorientation is less important if you are sitting.

Why Screeners Miss Guns and Knives (and why pilots miss planes and airports) cjcampbell Piloting 2 January 3rd 06 04:24 AM
Junk Yards NVArt Home Built 5 July 13th 05 07:35 PM
FS Aviation Junk Jim Aviation Marketplace 1 February 11th 05 10:57 PM
Space Junk & GPS Reliability Doug Carter Instrument Flight Rules 9 July 11th 03 01:38 PM
Space Junk & GPS Reliability Dan R Piloting 7 July 11th 03 01:38 PM