This News Group

Old June 16th 07, 11:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Boomerang

Default This News Group

I'm surely not the Senior Naval Aviator (remember that? "SNA"?) attending
to this News Group although I may be the among the oldest - first carrier
landing on March 17, 1954 - and I wonder, seriously, if the cross-posters
realize what a disservice (read pain-in-the-ass) they are to those of us who
cherish contact with folks of similar backgrounds and interests Further, I
wonder if they realize that their cross-posts, always, provoke an alienation
to whatever the hell their nutty causes might be, and an annoyance with them
personally for the posts. Monitoring is an attractive option but we're way
beyond that.I just hope that each of us "good-guys" can figure out a way to
co-opt, neutralize and maybe, some day, eliminate all their crap from our
personal sand box and keep this site for those of us who have something to
say to one another about a very important element of their own security -
and their right to sound off, unfortunately.

Old June 17th 07, 01:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Shanghai McCoy[_2_]

Well put, Boomerang. Damn.. 1954? SNA for sure! I was a mere
back-seat-qual'ed Parachute Rigger (S-3's and A-7's.. I think it gave
the rest of the A/C some misplaced sense of security having a PR along).

Old June 17th 07, 02:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Bob McKellar[_2_]

)Boomerang wrote:
[...]

As far as "Senior" goes I can claim many conversations with Naval Aviator #
711 (My grandfather).

He is of course no longer around to defend hmself.

He did forgive me for only being a Tin Can Pork Chop. Naming my first born
after him probably helped.

Bob McKellar

Old June 17th 07, 03:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Shanghai McCoy[_2_]

)Boomerang wrote:
[...]

Suck up! Just kiddin'.. we need tin-can sailors just as damn much as we
need aviators. I'm born and raised in Pensacola, still here, so I may
have an overdeveloped appreciation of Naval Aviation (Lord how I miss
Trader Jon's!).. I raise a glass to Naval Aviator #711!

Shanghai
Old June 17th 07, 07:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Mike Kanze

Roger that, Boomerang.

--
Mike Kanze

"It's easy to delegate once you've learned to let a toddler spend 23 minutes buttering toast without an overwhelming urge to intervene."

- Jared Sandberg, Wall Street Journal, 5/29/2007

Old June 17th 07, 08:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
W. D. Allen

"...figure out a way to co-opt, neutralize and maybe, some day, eliminate
all their crap from our
personal sand box...."

The only readily effective way is to assiduously avoid showing any response
whatsoever. Hopefully their tiny minds will get bored and they will wander
away! The alternative is to have a full time newsgroup administrator who
filters all email - a job nobody wants!

1956 - First trap on USS Monterey off Pensacola.

WDA

end

Old June 18th 07, 12:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
vincent norris

Boomerang wrote:
I'm surely not the Senior Naval Aviator (remember that? "SNA"?) attending
to this News Group although I may be the among the oldest - first carrier
landing on March 17, 1954 ....

CQed summer of 1950--six traps, SNJ, aboard U.S.S. Wright.
Winged Feb. 1951.

vince norris
Old June 18th 07, 12:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
B.C. MALLAM

On 6/17/07 6:32 PM, in article , "vincent
norris" wrote:

Boomerang wrote:
I'm surely not the Senior Naval Aviator (remember that? "SNA"?) attending
to this News Group although I may be the among the oldest - first carrier
landing on March 17, 1954 ....

CQed summer of 1950--six traps, SNJ, aboard U.S.S. Wright.
Winged Feb. 1951.

vince norris

Not as old as some but did CQ The T-28 on Antietam
Summer of '59 with paddles, not too many of us left that know what the
paddle signals are.

Also anyone know where I can find some photos of T-28 carrier landings?

B.C. Mallam

Old June 18th 07, 01:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Boomerang

....you make me feel so young...thanks!

Old June 18th 07, 10:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Al G[_2_]

"Boomerang" wrote in message
...you make me feel so young...thanks!

SNA indeed, I think I crapped in a toilet for the first time about then...

Al G