Clean up news group

Old May 8th 08, 03:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

Default Clean up news group

Is there anyway to clean up this news group? We used to have some
"rockstar" helicopter guys contributing! But as of the last few years
the newsgroup has become a place for selling watches and complaining
about instrument companies.

I miss the useful information exchanged!
Old May 8th 08, 06:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Stuart & Kathryn Fields

wrote in message
Is there anyway to clean up this news group? We used to have some
"rockstar" helicopter guys contributing! But as of the last few years
the newsgroup has become a place for selling watches and complaining
about instrument companies.

I miss the useful information exchanged!

I've been trying to inject some stuff, but there seems to be just a few
interested in the recreational helicopter flying and maybe more interested
in the commercial variety of helo flying. I would like to find a group that
is involved in the design and development as well as the flying of personal
helicopters. If you know of any such group, I would sure like the linkage
information. I'd like to minimize the "Armchair" helicopter designers as
their ideas tend to be of the "Rectal Extraction" variety and do not have
much experience as a background.

Stu Fields

Old May 8th 08, 10:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Ol Shy & Bashful

On May 8, 12:23*pm, "Stuart & Kathryn Fields" wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

Stu
I love that.... "Rectral Extraction" .... can I use that for my flight
briefs?
Thanks .... I needed that .....
Rock
In spite of my trying to leave, there are still some people like you
who make me come back looking for serious discussion
Old May 12th 08, 01:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
enewbold[_2_]

Is there a "moderator" for this group who can step up and start
managing things, like spam removal/prevention, etc.? I'd love to help
out, but don't know who to contact.

Ed Newbold
Columbus, OH

Old May 12th 08, 04:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Stuart & Kathryn Fields

"enewbold" wrote in message
Is there a "moderator" for this group who can step up and start
managing things, like spam removal/prevention, etc.? I'd love to help
out, but don't know who to contact.

Ed Newbold
Columbus, OH

Ed: From what I've seen, this group does not suffer from much spam. In
fact this group suffers more from just lack of participation. If there is
anyone out there they seem to be more lurker than players. Even this group
seems to be composed of sects that greatly differ: Pilots that are
interested in employment and which twin turbine helicopter is being used and
EP's (Emergency Procedures) for Bell 412s, and a darn few that are
interested in learning more about how the things work (sources of 2/rev),
tail rotor direction of rotation, etc. It seems that the predominance of
helicopter pilots are professional (I guess that the cost of obtaining and
operating a helicopter dictates that equation) and most are not involved in
the design, modification and maintenance of the birds.
BTW the rec.crafts.metalworking that I also participate in has been taken
over by spam. My block messenger has accumulated over 200 blocks.

Stu

Old May 26th 08, 12:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Stuart & Kathryn Fields

wrote in message
Is there anyway to clean up this news group? We used to have some
"rockstar" helicopter guys contributing! But as of the last few years
the newsgroup has become a place for selling watches and complaining
about instrument companies.

I miss the useful information exchanged!

Ed: You did too good of a job "cleaning up" this NG. Evidently you swept
the boards clean and now there just ain't any activity. Are you upto
anything interesting? How about a review of your latest or scariest flight?
I've been putting my stuff on but not much response and dang sure no new
stuff for sometime.

Stu

Old May 26th 08, 09:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
enewbold[_2_]

On May 25, 6:41 pm, "Stuart & Kathryn Fields" wrote:
wrote in message

Is there anyway to clean up this news group? We used to have some
"rockstar" helicopter guys contributing! But as of the last few years
the newsgroup has become a place for selling watches and complaining
about instrument companies.

Hi Stu,

Nothing much to report on these days. I'm focused on teaching people
how to fly gyroplanes. Havn't flown a heli in about two years now
(dang it). Are you going to be at OSH this year?

=Ed=

Old May 27th 08, 12:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Stuart & Kathryn Fields

wrote in message

Is there anyway to clean up this news group? We used to have some
"rockstar" helicopter guys contributing! But as of the last few years
the newsgroup has become a place for selling watches and complaining
about instrument companies.

Hi Stu,

Nothing much to report on these days. I'm focused on teaching people
how to fly gyroplanes. Havn't flown a heli in about two years now
(dang it). Are you going to be at OSH this year?

=Ed=

Ed: Roger OSH. Also Homer's. Will do Copperstate and Spurling's also.
Golden West and a new Utah fly-in are also on our schedule. Dang fuel
prices are going to make their presence felt tho.
What gyros are you flying?

Stu

Old May 27th 08, 12:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

I miss the useful information exchanged!

Good Morning,

I am new to here as I am trying to find good info or bad info on
Safari's. I used to own a R22, sold and am ready for a Safari but
just don't see them or hear any talks about them, where is a good
place to hang out and find more info? Thanks

Woor
Old May 28th 08, 12:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
enewbold[_2_]

Hello, Wooor.

Have you been to the Safari web site:
http://www.acehelicopter.com/

I also found a couple of other links of interes:
http://www.bart.gen.nz/safari/
http://www.vortechonline.com/specials/Safarikit.htm

The place I usually see Safaris flying is either at:
-Oshkosh (Airventure)
-Homer Bell's Fly-In (Ohio)
-Mentone, IN (PRA Convention, Mentone, IN, the week following Oshkosh)

I, too, am an old R-22 pilot, and I flew the Safari a couple of years
ago at OSH. Found it to be a safe and docile heli. Perhaps Stu, who
has built a Safari, can point you to other places that Safari builders
hang out at.

Ed Newbold, CFI
Columbus, OH