CGX closed (WHY!)

Old February 29th 04, 06:39 PM
smackey

My wife and I have flown to Chicago for the Blues Festival several
times. Each time landed at Meigs. Actually my first "real" IFR
flight after getting my Instrument rating was to Meigs. Wife was
looking to see who is playing at the festival this year, and I asked
her why. Then she said "oh yes, I forgot."

I haven't.
Old February 29th 04, 07:54 PM
Doug

Can I land my Husky Seaplane on the lake at Chicago. Maybe at one of
the yacht harbors?
Old February 29th 04, 08:27 PM
Bill Denton

I guess you never heard of the Museum Of Science And Industry. It belongs to
the Chicago Park District, which is also under the iron fist of Daley.

They have a submarine and they aren't afraid to use it!

om...

Old March 1st 04, 12:36 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"Dave Stadt" wrote in message
om...

Nearly all the people in Chicago do support Daley. Last election he won

by
the largest margin ever.

Like Saddamn Hussein getting 100% of the vote in Iraq's 2002 election.

Old March 1st 04, 12:37 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"Randy at Home" wrote in
message le.rogers.com...
Exactly. So the people in Chicago deserve all the ire pilots choose to

toss
in their direction. But then, Chicago isn't exactly a friend to pilots (by
closing CGX) or passengers (by keeping ORD).

"Dave Stadt" wrote in message
om...

| Nearly all the people in Chicago do support Daley. Last election he won
by
| the largest margin ever.

Ahhh...democracy!!

Old March 1st 04, 09:13 PM
Ron Natalie

"Dave Stadt" wrote in message om...

You can fly up and down the lakefront all you want. It is actually easier
without Meigs in the way. Less security also without the tower to talk to.
I don't think the little guy thought of that.

He would have if security had anything to do with it. Security was an excuse.

Old March 1st 04, 09:26 PM
Maurice Givens

"Randy at Home" wrote in message ble.rogers.com...
Exactly. So the people in Chicago deserve all the ire pilots choose to toss
in their direction. But then, Chicago isn't exactly a friend to pilots (by
closing CGX) or passengers (by keeping ORD).

Keep in mind that the ballot does NOT have a box marked _NONE OF THE ABOVE_
Old March 5th 04, 04:01 PM
Randy at Home

"Maurice Givens" wrote in message
om...
| "Randy at Home" wrote in
message ble.rogers.com...
| Exactly. So the people in Chicago deserve all the ire pilots choose to
toss
| in their direction. But then, Chicago isn't exactly a friend to pilots
(by
| closing CGX) or passengers (by keeping ORD).
|

| Keep in mind that the ballot does NOT have a box marked _NONE OF THE
ABOVE_

After a 4 hour delay last night (which is 3 hours longer than the usual
weekly delay I experience), There should be a box marked _CLOSE_THE_AIRPORT_
;-)

Old March 5th 04, 09:45 PM
Greg Hopp

I had to fly (commercially) into OHare last weekend enroute to White
Plains, NY. I felt like I betrayed my fellow pilots by doing so.

As we departed to the north, over the lake, I had a perfect view of
what little is left of Meigs. I couldn't look for long.

That was my first and last view of Meigs. What a sham(e).

Greg H.
N4691X