Hanna WY Airport Up For Grabs

Old April 1st 05, 10:02 PM

In all seriousness, it is about 60 miles north-northwest of Laramie,
Wyoming (my home town). It is about 20 miles Northwest of Medicine
Bow, and 20 from Rawlins, Wyoming. Really is the middle of nowhere.

I fly out and over Hanna frequently, being based in Laramie it is only
about 20 minutes away.

Vic

Mike Rapoport wrote:
Where is Hanna?

Mike
MU-2

"RST Engineering" wrote in message
Yeah, that's a pretty good sized hangar, isn't it, 57 acres worth

{;-)

Make you folks a deal. The Hanna airport (with the forlorn 182 on

it)
will be posted at www.rstengineering.com/hanna by tomorrow (Friday,

1
April).

The hangar would hold, easily, a Citation or GII. It is freakin

HUGE.
There are five or six cars in there right now in various stages of
repair -- plus a couple of hundred hay bales.

I'd love to be able to afford it. If ten of us want to go in to

buy it as
a timeshare, I'M IN. It is a GREAT halfway stop for west coasters

going
east and midwesterners going west. If there is enough interest,

I'll put
a deal together.

Jim

"Louis L. Perley III" wrote in message
oups.com...

RST Engineering wrote:

Airport with hangar that is about 57 acres,

I gotta see that hangar!

Old April 3rd 05, 05:40 PM
Dude

..

If somebody offers them $150K they'd probably jump all over it. You'd
probably get the mineral rights for that price too.

More than likely, the mineral rights are government owned. If not, I could
sell that place for that price. That area has plenty of NG.

Old April 3rd 05, 05:51 PM
RST Engineering

These folks own and operate Belkin Inc. and could buy and sell you and I ten
times over. If you offered them $150K, they would probably tell you how to
use each and every one of those one hundred and fifty thousand one dollar
bills and what to do with them afterwards.

While $350K isn't chump change, it certainly isn't a large blip in their
balance sheet. They are the nicest folks in the world, do anything for you,
but insult them like that and you aren't going to get anywhere.

Jim

.

Old April 3rd 05, 06:41 PM
Dude

"RST Engineering" wrote in message
These folks own and operate Belkin Inc. and could buy and sell you and I
ten times over. If you offered them $150K, they would probably tell you
how to use each and every one of those one hundred and fifty thousand one
dollar bills and what to do with them afterwards.

While $350K isn't chump change, it certainly isn't a large blip in their
balance sheet. They are the nicest folks in the world, do anything for
you, but insult them like that and you aren't going to get anywhere.

Jim

Jim,

I believe you misunderstood my position, and rereading my post, I don't
blame you.

My position is that I could sell the place site unseen for 350 if the
mineral rights were included. I was trying to point out Newps' post as being
incorrect if not silly.

Old April 3rd 05, 07:12 PM
RST Engineering

Understood and thanks for clarifying. You are correct, in that part of the
world, unicorn dung is easier to come by than mineral rights. The whole cap
there at the continental divide is sitting on a HUGE pile of dinosaur bones.

Old April 4th 05, 12:18 AM
Netgeek

Belkin, eh? If the property is worth anything - tell them to call
"A.J." at Accton or Patrick at Netgear - either one will give them
something just under what their Mom is worth...8-)

Failing that - count me in for about $350 - what's that work out
to in square feet?....8-)

.

Old April 4th 05, 03:03 AM
Bob Chilcoat

Hey, Jim,

Is this the same Belkin that made the FM micotransmitter I bought for the
CTAF repeater we discussed a couple of weeks ago? Nice design. Phase
locked loop, quite a complicated little gadget considering I bought it for
$10 on Ebay.

.

Old April 4th 05, 03:27 PM
Robert Bonomi

In article ,
Netgeek wrote:
Belkin, eh? If the property is worth anything - tell them to call
"A.J." at Accton or Patrick at Netgear - either one will give them
something just under what their Mom is worth...8-)

Failing that - count me in for about $350 - what's that work out
to in square feet?....8-)

Well, thats 0.1% of the asking price. Taking the '57 acres" figure,
that works out to about 2482 sq. ft. or about 40x60 of land, with
about 1-1/4 sq ft of hanger, and a 1-1/2"x 3' runway.

Ask a silly question.... grin

Old April 6th 05, 03:23 AM
DB Rea

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 15:28:23 GMT, Mike Rapoport wrote:

Where is Hanna?

Mike
MU-2

It's some distance north and east of the Greater Green River Intergalactic
Spaceport. Really! Check yr. sectionals for bearing and distance.

Dan
who used to take flying lessons at the Natrona County International Airport

Hanna WY Airport Up For Grabs RST Engineering Home Built 23 April 6th 05 05:20 PM
WI airport closure Mike Spera Owning 0 March 9th 05 01:53 PM
N94 Airport may expand into mobile home community, locals supportive William Summers Piloting 0 March 18th 04 03:03 AM
Rules on what can be in a hangar Brett Justus Owning 13 February 27th 04 05:35 PM