Garmin 496-XM Radio-PS Engineering Intercom Follow up...

Old December 1st 06, 01:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jim Burns[_1_]

Default Garmin 496-XM Radio-PS Engineering Intercom Follow up...

Menards! Oh you're baiting me right? lol They will have exactly ONE unit
per store and it will be sold before the ad comes out.
If you buy 2, you can buy a short Y splitter that will plug into the power
cord. For short trips, the DVD's built in rechargable batteries are good
for several hours.
Jim

Old December 1st 06, 06:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Margy Natalie

Jay Honeck wrote:
So, buy two DVD players; no splitter needed...
;-)

Great idea!

But, wait...then I have to split...the power cord to the back seat!

Augh!

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Go with the 2 players, no discussion over movie titles!
Old December 1st 06, 06:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jon Woellhaf

Kids are smarter than that. They'll both want to watch the same DVD at the
same time. g

Margy Natalie wrote
Go with the 2 players, no discussion over movie titles!

Old December 1st 06, 07:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
B A R R Y[_2_]

Jon Woellhaf wrote:
Kids are smarter than that. They'll both want to watch the same DVD at the
same time.

Do you know any kids?
Old December 1st 06, 09:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jon Woellhaf

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
Jon Woellhaf wrote:
Kids are smarter than that. They'll both want to watch the same DVD at
the same time.

Do you know any kids?

Yes. Are you suggesting two kids wouldn't want to watch the same DVD at the
same time and each in his/her own player?

Old December 3rd 06, 01:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

I missed the two player part, only getting same DVD, same player.

You guys are sure good at spending my money!

;-)

I would really like to take the seats to my interior shop, and have the
guy build the video screens into the backs of the headrests or the seat
itself.

Anyone (besides Boeing) tried doing that?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 3rd 06, 02:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
[email protected][_1_]

Jay,

Where did you find this menu? I looked on my 396 yesterday to figure
out if I've got this on the wrong setting, and I couldn't find anywhere
where I could toggle from Line Out to Headphones.

Thanks,
Eric Bartsch
1959 Pilatus P-3 A-848
http://www.hometown.aol.com/bartscher/P3A848.html

On Nov 30, 4:09 pm, "Jay Honeck" wrote:
Finally I navigated to the "Sound" page in the 496, and found a menu
item named "Audio". Selecting that gives you two choices -- "Line
Out" and "Headphones". It was on "Line Out" so I switched it to
"Headphones" -- and SHAZAAM! -- it was like night and day!

The stereo sound we *THOUGHT* was so excellent was suddenly ten times
better, and the "static" problem instantly went away. So, even though
"Line out" sounds like it makes sense (feeding into the intercom),
obviously the right choice is "Headphones" -- and that's where we left
it....

Old December 3rd 06, 05:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

Where did you find this menu? I looked on my 396 yesterday to figure
out if I've got this on the wrong setting, and I couldn't find anywhere
where I could toggle from Line Out to Headphones.

It's under "Sound" after you've hit the "Menu" button twice.

Or, at least it is on the 496. I don't know if the menus are the same?

--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 6th 06, 12:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
[email protected][_1_]

Jay, Karl,

Thanks for confirming that this menu is on the 496 and not the 396. I
thought I was looknig in the right place last weekend.

Thanks,
Eric Bartsch
1959 Pilatus P-3 A-848
http://www.hometown.aol.com/bartscher/P3A848.html