Air America breaking news: "USA to fingerprint ALL visitors !!!"

Old April 3rd 04, 08:40 PM
patLB

On the other hand, you could always visit Spain, and relax on their
nice, safe, high-speed trains. Or the ones in France.

Still waiting for the high speed trains of USA...

PatLB

Old April 4th 04, 12:44 AM

"Marie Lewis" wrote:

Please note that we all have the rest of the world to visit. Why visit a
country which treats us as criminals?

Not to be argumentative Marie but think what you're
saying...security has been tightened all over (including your
country) hasn't it?...
--

-Gord.
Old April 4th 04, 01:40 AM
nobody

" wrote:
Not to be argumentative Marie but think what you're
saying...security has been tightened all over (including your
country) hasn't it?...

The USA was a farce in terms of security prior to 9-11. Other countries have
far more sensible security.

Other countries didn't have to revolutionlise their security, the USA did. And
the USA went overboard, and not entirely in a very logical fashion. It was
very politically driven.

In many cases, other countries only had to adjust security to bend to USA
requests, not to improve security.
Old April 4th 04, 10:02 AM
Marie Lewis

"Gord Beaman" wrote in message
"Marie Lewis" wrote:

Please note that we all have the rest of the world to visit. Why visit a
country which treats us as criminals?

Not to be argumentative Marie but think what you're
saying...security has been tightened all over (including your
country) hasn't it?...

When I go to mainland Europe, I go by car and ferry.
My passport is checked, but that is all, and that is only because the UK is
not a Schengen country.
Once I get to the European mainland, I can drive all through the EU with no
more checks at all. The borders are not manned. You have to slow down a
bit to drive through, but I have never been stopped and I have never seen
anyone actually in the border buildings or anywhere to be seen.

So the hassle just does not exist.

Marie

Old April 4th 04, 10:51 AM
Marie Lewis

"Marie Lewis" wrote:

Please note that we all have the rest of the world to visit. Why visit a
country which treats us as criminals?

Not to be argumentative Marie but think what you're
saying...security has been tightened all over (including your
country) hasn't it?...

I have answered you on another NG.

Old April 3rd 04, 03:30 PM
AJC

On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 13:57:38 GMT, Chad Irby wrote:

In article ,
"nobody760" wrote:

So the message is visiting the USA is more trouble than its worth so I'll go
some place else.

Yeah, that two minute fingerprinting and photo is *sooo* hard after a
six-hour plane flight...

...and even with that, it's still going to be faster than most customs
checks in 99% of the countries in the world.

You don't get out very much do you?
--==++AJC++==--
Old April 3rd 04, 06:55 PM
Chad Irby

In article ,
AJC wrote:

On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 13:57:38 GMT, Chad Irby wrote:

...and even with that, it's still going to be faster than most customs
checks in 99% of the countries in the world.

You don't get out very much do you?

I'm sure *you* don't, if you think US Customs and Immigration is bad,
compared to most places. Try any of the African nations, for example.
Or Russia.

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.
Old April 3rd 04, 08:05 PM
mtravelkay

Chad Irby wrote:

In article ,
AJC wrote:

On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 13:57:38 GMT, Chad Irby wrote:

...and even with that, it's still going to be faster than most customs
checks in 99% of the countries in the world.

You don't get out very much do you?

I'm sure *you* don't, if you think US Customs and Immigration is bad,
compared to most places. Try any of the African nations, for example.
Or Russia.

I have never had my finger print or photo taken at Immigration in
Russia, have you??? I am not saying there is no reason for the US to do
it, only that I haven't seen it done in Russia.

Old April 3rd 04, 09:26 PM
Sjoerd

"Chad Irby" schreef in bericht
om...
In article ,
AJC wrote:

On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 13:57:38 GMT, Chad Irby wrote:

...and even with that, it's still going to be faster than most customs
checks in 99% of the countries in the world.

You don't get out very much do you?

I'm sure *you* don't, if you think US Customs and Immigration is bad,
compared to most places. Try any of the African nations, for example.
Or Russia.

You claimed that US customs ( I believe you mean immigration) is faster than
"99% of the countries in the world". I have been to 75 countries and the US
is amongst the 10 countries with the longest/slowest lines for immigration
and customs. Yes, Russia is bad too and so are some of the African nations
(although Egypt and Ethiopia were incredibly quick when I visited last
year), but the US is almost always slow.

Sjoerd

Old April 4th 04, 04:22 AM
Pan

On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 17:55:36 GMT, Chad Irby wrote:

In article ,
AJC wrote:

On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 13:57:38 GMT, Chad Irby wrote:

...and even with that, it's still going to be faster than most customs
checks in 99% of the countries in the world.

You don't get out very much do you?

I'm sure *you* don't, if you think US Customs and Immigration is bad,
compared to most places. Try any of the African nations, for example.
Or Russia.

Try Malaysia. They just took my customs declaration form, looked at my
passport, and waved me on through.

Michael

If you would like to send a private email to me, please take out the TRASH, so to speak. Please do not email me something which you also posted.