Eagleville Soaring Club - Eagleville TN

Old January 17th 10, 04:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MP

Default Eagleville Soaring Club - Eagleville TN

Great News - the Eagleville Soaring Club had its first meeting today
collecting dues and electing officers forming an SSA chapter club. We
have 20 members and will continue operations and training in Middle
Tennessee from our strip at Puckett field in Eagleville, TN, 30 miles
south of Nashville. This operation has been around since just after
WWII. The founder Garland Pack had his ticket signed by Wilbur Wright
and ran the operation till the early 80's. Bill McFarlane has run the
operation since the early 1980's. The club has assumed the duties and
is proud to carry on this tradition. Dick Butler and many others have
learned to fly, or have flown at Eagleville over the years. We have
an active group of cross country and competition pilots who fly
regularly - 10 private ships on the field. Most of this momentum has
come in the last few years.

Please help us spread the word - we are ready to grow and tap the vast
Nashville and Middle TN market.

ASK-21 and ASK-23 for free use for club members. Rides, lessons, and
tows available. Maule M5 235 tow plane.

We'll be updating our websites and SSA link in the days to come.\

Michael Poe
Presidente Eagleville Soaring Club
Eagleville, TN
Old January 17th 10, 05:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Randy[_2_]

This is great! I am glad to see that the flying will continue
out of Eagleville, TN. This is where I learned to fly gliders
and Bill McFarlane was my instructor.

Please keep us up dated on good ridge soaring days
for Marion Co. and I will come out there to fly with you
all and will also bring a few other pilots with me.

Randy Teel

Tulsa, OK

http://talihinasoaring.com/
http://www.tulsasoaring.com/