Nicely produced YouTube video

Old January 12th 10, 12:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jcarlyle

Default Nicely produced YouTube video

Tuno, click on Mike's weather station link below, look at the top
picture.
http://www.mike-the-strike.net/Soari...ast/ElTiro.htm

-John

Tuno wrote:
Hey John what Tucson are you writing about?!

I've lived in southern Arizona all but one year since 1990 and never
saw it at or near 110 in Tucson in any month of the year. The average
high in November is only 72, and the highest average high temp is 100
in June!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tucson,...nmental_issues

Old January 12th 10, 12:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

Tuno wrote:
Hey John what Tucson are you writing about?!

I've lived in southern Arizona all but one year since 1990 and never
saw it at or near 110 in Tucson in any month of the year. The average
high in November is only 72, and the highest average high temp is 100
in June!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tucson,...nmental_issues

The weather station failed due to water damage in a thunderstorm and
the temperature defaulted to a constant 109.6 degrees late last
summer. I just got it back online with new hardware and am working to
update the webcams. I did see the temperature over 100 degrees a few
times last summer, but it never made 110. Anyway, we have a couple of
good antidotes - if you're flying, get high and stay high, if you're
on the ground, apply cold beer!

Mike

Old January 12th 10, 01:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Very nice!!!!

Paul Remde

"Tuno" wrote in message
This very nicely done video interweaves profiles of Tony "TS1" Smolder
and the Tucson Soaring Club.

I especially like "the orgasm at the end of the flight"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRIhQn1zZ6Q

Old January 12th 10, 04:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Jan 11, 4:25*pm, Renny wrote:
On Jan 11, 3:27*pm, Tuno wrote:

This very nicely done video interweaves profiles of Tony "TS1" Smolder
and the Tucson Soaring Club.

I especially like "the orgasm at the end of the flight"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRIhQn1zZ6Q

Excellent work! Can you tell me "how" you are using this video? Was it
shown on local TV to help recruit new club members? Also, in addition
to it being available for viewing on youtube, is it being distributed
in some other fashion to get the "word" out?

Thanks - Renny

After a little digging, it appears to be a production of Tucson city
channel 12. Randy Acree believes it may be broadcast in the future,
but it also appears to have been posted to youtube by the station.
Note the embed link is disabled. If you click on the logo, you'll see
a number of city videos. http://tucson12.tv/ is the station link.

Frank Whiteley

Old January 12th 10, 02:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Renny[_2_]

On Jan 11, 9:01*pm, Frank Whiteley wrote:
On Jan 11, 4:25*pm, Renny wrote:

On Jan 11, 3:27*pm, Tuno wrote:

[...]

Frank,
Roger! Thanks for the "digging" and info!
Renny
Old January 12th 10, 03:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
HoUdino

Fantastic leveraging of an "open house" with local media!!! Shows what
can be done with a little effort and promotion. Local media is hungry
for these type of stories. Do nothing and only the occasional crash
makes the news....

So go forth and "make news"!

LT

Old January 12th 10, 04:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

On Jan 11, 4:25*pm, Renny wrote:

On Jan 11, 3:27*pm, Tuno wrote:

[...]

Yes indeed, Tucson Channel 12 spent considerable time at El Tiro
taking footage of the open day and broadcast this segment on air
locally. They interviewed a bunch of TUSC guys as part of the
program, but the final product built the story around our own
Smolderator. I thought it made a nice story and tied things together
very well.

It's hard to know how much good the Open Day and TV coverage did for
the club. A couple of former members have rejoined as a result of the
publicity and we have several more newbies, so it's possible we
acquired up to 5 new members. It's also not bad to show our landlord
(the BLM) that our club is appreciated by the local community.

Region 9 South will be held at El Tiro in May this year - a really
nice time - warm enough for thermals but not too hot, so come see for
yourselves.

Mike

Mike
Old January 19th 10, 10:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ron

On Jan 11, 4:25*pm, Renny wrote:

On Jan 11, 3:27*pm, Tuno wrote:

[...]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRIhQn1zZ6Q this is the link Tony