Solar vents delivered on Cobra trailers

Old April 2nd 04, 04:08 AM
Dan Dunkel

Default Solar vents delivered on Cobra trailers

When I went soaring yesterday, I noticed that the solar vent on my Cobra
trailer was not working. The vent was delivered from Germany already
installed on the trailer about 2-1/2 years ago.

The markings on the vent are "Intersolar" "SOLARVENT" "TYPE 27/28".

After noticing problems with mine, I checked the other new-looking Cobra
trailers in the line with identical vents. Of the 6 others there, vents on
3 were not working.

With this sort of failure rate, I am suspecting that someone on r.a.s. has
looked into either fixing them or repairing them. I live in the U.S., so
any leads on parts suppliers in this country would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

Old April 2nd 04, 10:08 AM
John Galloway

You've checked that all the vents were in the open
position as adjusted from inside the trailer and pulling/pushing
the central part?

John Galloway

Old April 2nd 04, 04:43 PM
Dan Dunkel

You've checked that all the vents were in the open
position as adjusted from inside the trailer and pulling/pushing
the central part?

I had no idea that the vent was adjustable. Is there some way that it could
be misadjusted so that the fan would stop rotating?

-Dan

Old April 2nd 04, 05:46 PM
Greg Arnold

Boating stores like West Marine sell solar vents. They have an on-line
catalog at:

http://www.westmarine.com/ventilation.html

Old April 2nd 04, 06:01 PM
Tim Mara

I have solar vents in stock.lots of them
tim
www.wingsandwheels.com

Old April 2nd 04, 06:03 PM
Gary Evans

I have the same non-operable vent in my 2 1/2 year
old trailer. Has anyone been successful in breathing
life back into one?

Old April 2nd 04, 07:15 PM
Bill Daniels

So, I'm inside my Komet trailer with a screwdriver and a socket wrench
adjusting the gizmo to fit the whatchamacallit so it aligns better with the
glider and suddenly this noise starts.

"Rattle rattle rattle.... Geez! A rattlesnake!

Nope, the &%*&^$ solar fan came to life. Whew!

Bill Daniels

Old April 4th 04, 08:38 PM
A. Spindelberger

Dan Dunkel wrote:

When I went soaring yesterday, I noticed that the
solar vent on my Cobra
trailer was not working. The vent was delivered from
Germany already
installed on the trailer about 2-1/2 years ago.

The markings on the vent are 'Intersolar' 'SOLARVENT'
'TYPE 27/28'.

After noticing problems with mine, I checked the other
new-looking Cobra
trailers in the line with identical vents. Of the
6 others there, vents on
3 were not working.

With this sort of failure rate, I am suspecting that
someone on r.a.s. has
looked into either fixing them or repairing them.
I live in the U.S., so
any leads on parts suppliers in this country would
be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

Newer solarvents ( since about 2001) have a on / off button on the underside.

Try this first.

regards AS