Wind damage at Minden?

Old April 2nd 04, 07:52 PM
JJ Sinclair

Default Wind damage at Minden?

I heard there was some wind damage at Minden with this last storm. Anybody got
the facts? Any gliders involved? Who said JJ's an an ambulance chaser?
JJ Sinclair
Old April 2nd 04, 08:15 PM
John Shelton

Remember the good old days, JJ?

Pilots coming in kind of short into Truckee in the afternoon...you standing
there with a handful of business cards...windsock duct-taped closed.

Boy. Those were fun times.

Old April 2nd 04, 09:55 PM
JJ Sinclair

e good old days, JJ?

Pilots coming in kind of short into Truckee in the afternoon...you standing
there with a handful of business cards...windsock duct-taped closed.

Boy. Those were fun times.

Hey, You don't have to do anything like that at Truckee, all I have to do is
come and the carnage begins. We were up there to pick up a Grob that hit the
cliff, when another one did the same thing. Old Les was right down there asking
the pilot just how high his tow was. The guy was a low time power pilot who was
flying the VAS's. High, just pull the throttle back (spoiler handle) low, just
shove it forward. Worked good 'tel the rocks got in his way.

We watched a club guy come in with gear up. Called on 5 and 8 with no answer,
so we all started waiving our hands, he waved back and then proceded to grind
himself to a stop. Good easy work, those gear-ups. I once paced off the white
stripe and divided it by the bill. It came out to about $15 bucks a foot, more
if the guy tried to push it down, as he slid along and just ground off some
gear doors.

Truckee, the wind and our clubs sustained JJ Glider repair for 20 years.
JJ Sinclair

Interesting wind experience Roger Long Piloting 3 November 15th 04 05:34 PM
Two non-aviation questions Ramapriya Piloting 12 November 10th 04 12:51 AM
Amazing Wind Shear Today Jay Honeck Piloting 25 December 3rd 03 10:23 PM
Weathervaning Koopas Ly Piloting 50 November 15th 03 07:56 AM
Kestral 1000 Wind Speed Meter NEW IN BOX Cecil E. Chapman Products 0 November 7th 03 06:56 PM