Oudie won’t download flight

Old April 29th 18, 02:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Oudie won’t download flight

When I went to upgrade it automatically upgraded to 8.01. Now it appear to work fine so i had no concern.

Today i had my first flight with it but after landing and shutting off the device just like I always have . When I got home there was NO flight file to transfer to OCL !

Now i did the upgrade manually as my updater didn’t work.

What is wrong and how can I fix this???

Dennis. DC
Old April 29th 18, 12:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Dennis,

Is it an Oudie 2 or Oudie IGC?

When done flying, did you simply shut down the Oudie, or did you first exit SeeYou Mobile. It is important that you exit SeeYou Mobile every time you finish using it. It then saves any settings changes and the flight lot. Go to Menu, Next, Exit.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
_________________________________

Old April 29th 18, 01:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I think I remembered to shut it down properly. That’s what bothers me. The only difference is I downloaded the new version and manually installed it. I hope it something simple. Can you think of anything that would disconnect the downing of the flight with installing an upgrade? I went to look at the file systems and still saw my flights from last year.. (this was the first flight of this year in that glider for me).

Dennis
Old April 30th 18, 01:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Dennis,

You didn't answer my question. Is it an Oudie 2 or Oudie IGC?

I don't think the software upgrade would have caused the issue. May glider pilots are using the latest version without issues. I haven't received any other complaints.

Go to Menu, Settings, Files and verify the location to which the Oudie will save the flight logs. Is it saving them to the internal memory, or to a memory card?

I suspect that the file is really there, but I'm not certain.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
________________________________

Old April 30th 18, 06:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I used my new Oudie 2 for the first time today.
I actually shut it down incorrectly.
I just pushed and held the on/off button instead of going to the menu and selecting the Exit button.
My flight was still saved on my Oudie.
Old April 30th 18, 02:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Oudie 2

DC
Old April 30th 18, 02:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

It’s a Oudie 2 and when i go to Settings ...file .. there is no “save to box with choices of memory card or internal” there is only “flight folder” and it says residentFlash\Flights\. I looked at my memory card but it only had my older flights.

DC
Old April 30th 18, 02:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I had trouble updating my Oudie and had to do it manually. When i did it I got the mysterious version 8.00.004 which according to navigator hasn’t been released yet. Could there have been a issue when i manually loaded it. The software functions like the older version except for no flight recorded.

DC
Old April 30th 18, 02:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

Did you check the "Flights" directory in the Oudie memory?

Did the Oudie have a good lock on satellites before takeoff? If not the filename and date may be wrong.

The version you are running should be fine.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old April 30th 18, 03:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I did check the flights directory and checked the memory card. At this point I am going to fly with it again and make sure the satellites are locked in both my Cambridge model 20 and the Oudie. Last time was my first flight of the year with my glider so maybe i forgot some procedure. I also will take both my Oudie and Cambridge flight recorder home to upload the flight so if the Oudie isn’t working the Cambridge recorder should at least have the flight.

Hopefully its nothing. I was unsure since I downloaded the new version because i had to do it manually and then I was surprised to get a advanced version instead of the 7.47. Maybe its just a coincidence.

Thanks again for you help on this.

DC