2007 USA contest rules review....# 711 reporting

Old December 19th 06, 01:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default 2007 USA contest rules review....# 711 reporting

Just a bump, and turnout is good, really good. Join in, maybe, we can
turn this into a yearly review, and just like this bump, joining in
with our review, could bump you up 2.

Thermal tight. Soar high, Fly safe # 711 reporting.

wrote:
When the new 2007 Regional and National rules come out, I plan
on reviewing our new racing rules and sending my note's out to anyone
who is interested. Just send a email to
, and I
will send out a email review for you to look at, for the upcoming
season, along with notes on the start circle, TAT's, AST's and MAT's,
and finish for you to review. A good review before the contest season
starts, along with other area's where you can go and refresh, might
help the spring time get here alittle faster, and might help add some
points on those first several contest days, instead of the "Oh S**t's".
New contest pilots, please join in, as this is also aimed at you.
I plan on 5 email reviews, and after the 5th, have you then send
in your ideas and thoughts, which will then be grouped together and
then sent back out for everyone to again look over. Old school
thinking of look at everything, keep what you like, and throw out what
ya don't.

Thermal tight, Soar high, Fly safe, # 711 reporting.

Old December 26th 06, 06:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Last bump, tell some of your friends, Everybody have a great Soaring
New Year and may the God's of lift overpower the doom of sink, letting
you soar high, fast and safe thur a cloud filled
sky......................# 711.

wrote:
BUMP............

Old December 26th 06, 09:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brian Glick

Tom

We can always count on you for some "pearls of wisdom" I always enjoy seeing
them.

Brian

wrote in message
ps.com...
Last bump, tell some of your friends, Everybody have a great Soaring
New Year and may the God's of lift overpower the doom of sink, letting
you soar high, fast and safe thur a cloud filled
sky......................# 711.

wrote:

Old December 26th 06, 10:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BB

I only see two really noteworthy changes:

1) Watch that sunset time and latest times for scoring points and
landing! Landing too late can give a 200 point penalty, even with the
sun still above the horizon.

2) The increase in distance points seems well thought out. If only we
could have it for nationals this year!

John Cochrane BB