Music input into intercom and IPOD

Old August 7th 03, 06:23 PM
Paul Tomblin

Default Music input into intercom and IPOD

In a previous article, "Maule Driver" said:
FYI, the IPOD is basically an MP3 player that uses a 10-20-30 Meg

^^^
Gig
hardrive. Can hold untold hours of music organized into playlists,

My 20Gb iPod has 2396 "songs" on it right now. Since some of those are
25+ minute long classical pieces, or talking books, that's pretty
remarkable. I think I figured it out that I could listen to it for 8
straight days (24 hours a day) before it repeated.

BTW: Where do you get the adaptor cable? Is it a standard radio shack
item?

--
Paul Tomblin , not speaking for anybody
Did you know that "Gullible" is not in the dictionary?
Old August 7th 03, 07:03 PM
Scott Skylane

Paul Tomblin wrote:
In a previous article, "Maule Driver" said:

FYI, the IPOD is basically an MP3 player that uses a 10-20-30 Meg

^^^
Gig

hardrive. Can hold untold hours of music organized into playlists,

/snip/
BTW: Where do you get the adaptor cable? Is it a standard radio shack
item?

Well, I'll third that motion for the iPod! I use mine daily, whether
plugged directly into my PS Engineering audio panel (via a standard 1/8"
stereo plug, btw) or at work, using the "MUSE" personal interface. It
is the perfect solution for "on the go" tuneage!

I wish I could say the same for the MUSE, however it has several
annoying shortcommings. The music sensetivity level is set too high,
such that it constantly turns itself off whenever a quieter passage is
played. The only solution here is to turn the volume level up so high,
that louder passages almost blow you away. My unit doesn't pass both
stereo channels through to the headset, so some songs end up sounding
wierd. There is a stereo/mono switch inside the box that is supposed to
correct for this, but it doesn't work. Also, I have had several
problems with inadequately strain-reliefed cables breaking wires inside
the box. I really wish somebody would come up with a better solution
for a personal music interface

Happy Flying and Listening!
Scott Skylane
N92054