Disappointed with FS2004

Old September 28th 03, 06:06 AM
Phiber Optik

Default Disappointed with FS2004

FS2002 seemed to have a lot of "heart" in it, FS2004 seems like ms was in a
rush to get it to market.

I.E....

I tried to land the Amphibeous plane in the reflecting pond in front of the
Lincoln Memorial only to discover I could fly right through and under it.

Autogen is totally incorrect (what happen to the Bridges).

My Dad works at a powerplant that has a 600 ft. smoke stack, in FS2002 it's
there, in FS2004, its not where it's supposed to be and looks like a stick
(not 600 ft either) , also stacks are totally gone for one of the Dams near
my home.

Has MS Censored these? (Look around your own neighborhoods, Compare with
FS2002)

A few airports have Grass growing in the middle of the Taxi Ways.

Some Airports your wheels go through the runway.

In Fs2002 when you run off the runway it was a very bumpy ride, in FS2004,
the ride is still pretty smooth.
(Not very realistic)

I paid #74.00 for FS2002 Pro Edition, I Paid $52.00 for FS2004 . To me, the
FS2002 Team did a much better Job then the FS2004 Team did. Fs2002 was worth
the extra $24.00. (Could have used a Printed Manual)

Been flying MS sims for a long time (FS2.0)

Looks Like the Best Manual goes to Flight Sim 5.1
The Best Game goes to FS2002

FS2004 was a waste of my money, other then the aircraft and the GPS,and
shore lines I really don't see any imrovement.

MS should have waited a year to work out the kinks and Called it FS2005.

Old September 28th 03, 12:23 PM
John Mullen

"Phiber Optik" wrote in message
FS2002 seemed to have a lot of "heart" in it, FS2004 seems like ms was in

rush to get it to market.

(snip)

I paid #74.00 for FS2002 Pro Edition, I Paid $52.00 for FS2004 . To me,

the
FS2002 Team did a much better Job then the FS2004 Team did. Fs2002 was

worth
the extra $24.00. (Could have used a Printed Manual)

Been flying MS sims for a long time (FS2.0)

Looks Like the Best Manual goes to Flight Sim 5.1
The Best Game goes to FS2002

FS2004 was a waste of my money, other then the aircraft and the GPS,and
shore lines I really don't see any imrovement.

You could also mention the clouds and ATC. But, yes, so far I agree with
you.

MS should have waited a year to work out the kinks and Called it FS2005.

But then they wouldn't be MS would they?!

John

Old September 28th 03, 10:19 PM
BillHeronemus

I noticed similar dissapointments when I started using FS2004 a few days ago.
Since I live in lower Delaware, I usually try flying out of KGED Sussex County
airport and head NE towards the Delaware Bay and North past Atlantic City to
sightsee around NYC. Well, I noticed that at the default airport in KSEA
Seattle Tacoma International when you take off, you can see ferry boats with
some realistic cars inside crossing a river, with what appears to be fairly
accurate detail. There is no detail whatsoever in the Delaware Bay scenery.
No lighthouses (Not even the Cape May lighthouse in N.J.), no Breakwaters or
Ice Breakers (Rock Piles), no Ships or boats, not even the Cape May - Lewes
Ferry which usually has two crossing the bay at any one time. The Inlets are
missing their Jetties, No Lewes-Rehoboth canal, No Boardwalks at Rehoboth beach
or Ocean city MD, and only one highrise building in O.C.? What did they use,
maps from the 1920's??? It seems like the very least they could have done was
use some Coastal navigation charts like #12304 which covers the Delaware Bay in
Detail and shows the channels the Freighters and Tankers take to drop off their
cargo in Philadelphia. There is so much detail that could be inserted to make
this a realistic FS. Now, I know the programmers on the west coast may not
care about making any extra effort to make the east coast recognizable to those
of us that live here, but from what I've seen so far, the only improvement has
been in the clouds. Maybe there could be some less expensive programmers in
India who could be hired to bring out the true potential in this product. I'm
just thankful I paid less than $50.00 for it at a computer show. I was
really looking forward to a far superior product.
Old October 1st 03, 02:49 AM
earl holland

ot (BillHeronemus) wrote in message ...
[...]

--------------------

Yep, couldn't agree with Bill more if I tried. Flt Sim 2004 is a total
joke, a big waste, a major ripoff. But don't forget, even though
Microscab took the 30 Day Money Back guarantee statement off the
package, the 30 day policy still applies. Call 800-360-7561, listen to
the options, then press zero (oh) for customer service. They will tell
you yes, you can get a refund within 30 days. No need to keep trash
like this, and FS 2004 is a huge disappointment. They didn't even fix
the bugs from the last version. I think it's time to get a new hobby.
Old October 9th 03, 02:05 AM
The Real Deal

Yep, couldn't agree with Bill more if I tried. Flt Sim 2004 is a total
joke, a big waste, a major ripoff. But don't forget, even though
Microscab took the 30 Day Money Back guarantee statement off the
package, the 30 day policy still applies. Call 800-360-7561, listen to
the options, then press zero (oh) for customer service. They will tell
you yes, you can get a refund within 30 days. No need to keep trash
like this, and FS 2004 is a huge disappointment. They didn't even fix
the bugs from the last version. I think it's time to get a new hobby.

Do us all a favor and get a new hobby.

Couldn't have been much of a hobby for you if all you do is fly vfr and
complain about stupid ****! VBG

Really

Old October 12th 03, 04:13 PM
Phiber Optik

And how long have you worked for Micro$oft?

It's not stupid to let the world know they are getting ripped!

Do us all a favor and get a new hobby.

Couldn't have been much of a hobby for you if all you do is fly vfr and
complain about stupid ****! VBG

Really

Bridges in FS2004 Kevin Reilly Simulators 18 October 2nd 03 11:00 PM
FS2004 approaches, ATC etc henri Arsenault Simulators 14 September 27th 03 12:48 PM
FS2004 Damien Booth Simulators 4 September 23rd 03 05:34 AM
Help needed - fs2004 zaps fs2002 props Ian D Simulators 1 September 11th 03 10:20 PM
FS2004 Pauses When Real World Weather Won't Download Andrew Watson Simulators 1 September 8th 03 09:08 AM