Pix of Wright Bros Memorial, Ocracoke Island, more...

Old March 26th 07, 10:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default Pix of Wright Bros Memorial, Ocracoke Island, more...

Finally got 'round to putting together a webpage of photos from our
recent East Coast Barnstorming tour.

Here's one of Mary and me (with Atlas) at the Wright Brothers Memorial
in Kill Devil Hills, NC:

http://tinyurl.com/yojtj8

If you ever get a chance to fly there, take it -- for me it was like
visiting the Sistine Chapel or Mecca -- almost a religious experience.

Here's one of us at the Howard's Pub "Welcome to Ocracoke" sign:
(Many thanks to those who recommended this great place to stop!)

http://tinyurl.com/2dgys8

Here's a short video of the pathetically broken Cirrus on the side of
the runway at Ocracoke Island: (It hurts to look at it!)

http://tinyurl.com/38u2ur

Here's a pic of our Million Dollar View from our hotel balcony on
Myrtle Beach...
http://tinyurl.com/29xb95

Completely by accident, we flew to the beach that has been rated "2nd
Best in the World" by Conde Nast, right behind Waikiki Beach.

Finally, if you're really bored, you can see a whle bunch more pix and
videos from this flight to West Virginia, North & South Carolina,
Alabama, Tennessee, and Missouri he

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/2007_east_coast_flight.htm

It was six days off, four days of flying, 17 hours in the air, 2008
miles -- all following the sun.

Enjoy!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 26th 07, 10:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Here's a short video of the pathetically broken Cirrus on the side of
the runway at Ocracoke Island: (It hurts to look at it!)

Hmmm. That "TinyUrl" link doesn't seem to work. Try this one:

http://tinyurl.com/38u2ur

If that STILL doesn't work, you can try paste the original link into
your browser...

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photoga...rus%203-07.avi
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 26th 07, 11:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote

Here's a short video of the pathetically broken Cirrus on the side of
the runway at Ocracoke Island: (It hurts to look at it!)

Hmmm. That "TinyUrl" link doesn't seem to work. Try this one:

http://tinyurl.com/38u2ur

If that STILL doesn't work, you can try paste the original link into
your browser...

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photoga...rus%203-07.avi

I could not get a single one of your videos to play, and I think I have an
up to date window media player, on a decent machine. Any guesses?
--
Jim in NC

Old March 27th 07, 12:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
CRaSH

Jay Honeck wrote:
Finally got 'round to putting together a webpage of photos from our
recent East Coast Barnstorming tour.

Great shots & memories for you (couldn't get the video to work tho)..

One of our great joys here at home is replaying the old slides (those little
things projected on a screen of travels. Never "dump" them - I've gone
through the 'gotta slim this down' stage several times, and always regretted
throwing out some shots later on.........

Cheers'n Beers.. [_])
Don

Old March 27th 07, 12:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose

Never "dump" them - I've gone
through the 'gotta slim this down' stage several times, and always regretted
throwing out some shots later on.

A CD can hold a hundred or more pictures, a DVD nearly a thousand.
There's no reason to "dump" anything, except perhaps as you're shooting
and need more space on your card.

Jose
--
Get high on gasoline: fly an airplane.
Old March 27th 07, 12:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
CRaSH

Jose wrote:
Never "dump" them - I've gone
through the 'gotta slim this down' stage several times, and always
regretted throwing out some shots later on.

A CD can hold a hundred or more pictures, a DVD nearly a thousand.
There's no reason to "dump" anything, except perhaps as you're
shooting and need more space on your card.

I was talking "slide" era, in retrospect. Don't want to remember how many
$$ is tied up in Kodak carousels in my hall closet!
Even with digital, you must edit the "slide show" for guests to the 'creme
de la creme', or else you're back to bribing them with cognac, cake, and ice
cream AFTER the show ends, and sometimes, if they know you well enough, even
that tacky tactic doesn't work any longer.... Don't ask...

Old March 27th 07, 02:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Mar 26, 3:39 pm, "Jay Honeck" wrote:
[...]

Man,,,, Them are some real blue skies in the pics of the Wright
memorial.. How did ya get that lucky??

Old March 27th 07, 02:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Man,,,, Them are some real blue skies in the pics of the Wright
memorial.. How did ya get that lucky??- Hide quoted text -

It was a brisk, beautiful day, with a stiff wind (thankfully, right
down the runway) that Orville & Wilbur would have appreciated.

When you follow a high pressure system, you generally get nice, clear
skies! :-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 27th 07, 02:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

I could not get a single one of your videos to play, and I think I have an
up to date window media player, on a decent machine. Any guesses?

Well, .avi files are kind of unusual nowadays. They are unfortunately
the native file type my Canon camera uses, and I was too lazy to
convert them to .wmv or .mpg files.

They run fine for me using RealPlayer. (Which, by the way, is no
longer so damned invasive. I guess Real got the message...)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 27th 07, 03:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose

They run fine for me using RealPlayer. (Which, by the way, is no
longer so damned invasive. I guess Real got the message...)

Which version? How do you know?

Jose
--
Get high on gasoline: fly an airplane.