TFRs in KML (for GoogleEarth)

Old November 19th 15, 06:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2KA

Default TFRs in KML (for GoogleEarth)

US Pilots,

With the onset of cooler weather, I've had time to do a tiny project I've been meaning to work on for a long time. Many of you are aware that my website (http://www.soaringdata.info) can produce current US Temporary Flight Restriction airspace files in formats that work with most glide computers and programs. These formats include OpenAir and Tim Newport-Peace SUA.

To that list I've now added KML for Google Earth. The idea is that -- if there is a TFR in your area -- you might want to visualize it in GoogleEarth pre-flight as well as load it in your flight computer.

To use this, just go to my website and choose the TFR tab. Follow the link to the TFR query form. Enter bounding information (a center airport identifier and radius), and then choose KML for the format. After downloading, open the file in GoogleEarth.

Happy downloading!

Lynn Alley
"2KA"

Old November 19th 15, 07:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Renny[_2_]

On Thursday, November 19, 2015 at 11:47:40 AM UTC-7, 2KA wrote:
[...]

Lynn,
I just gave it a try using Google Earth and it worked perfectly!
Thx - Renny
Old November 19th 15, 07:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Thanks!
Lynn's site is well worth a visit - and a click to support.
Jim

[...]

Shuttle - File 14 of 81 - iss011e11260.jpg CONTEST!! CAN ANYONE I.D. THE AIRPORT IN THIS PIC? Post the GoogleEarth Answer! Lee[_2_] Aviation Photos 1 August 28th 08 12:43 AM
helicopters and tfrs swag Piloting 9 October 12th 06 04:58 AM
Fire TFRs Paul Groff Piloting 0 June 2nd 06 10:39 PM
GoogleEarth aircraft at Palmdale gatt Piloting 25 April 8th 06 07:33 PM
TFRs as of 1/23/06 blanche cohen Piloting 0 January 24th 06 06:26 AM