Plastic razor blades for removing tape/glue residue

Old September 30th 17, 08:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Plastic razor blades for removing tape/glue residue

Another thread mentioned using a credit card, but some time ago, I discovered these:

https://smile.amazon.com/Single-Edge...c+razor+blades

or these:

https://smile.amazon.com/7MO-Scraper...c+razor+blades

They wear out pretty quick, but won't catch the finish.

-Tom
Old October 1st 17, 02:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Waveguru

Have you tried shaving with them Tom?

Boggs

Old October 4th 17, 11:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Philip van de Donk

On Saturday, September 30, 2017 at 9:27:13 PM UTC+2, wrote:
Another thread mentioned using a credit card, but some time ago, I discovered these:

https://smile.amazon.com/Single-Edge...c+razor+blades

or these:

https://smile.amazon.com/7MO-Scraper...c+razor+blades

They wear out pretty quick, but won't catch the finish.

-Tom

Why not use White Spirit? Works like a charm with some paper towels:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_spirit
Old October 4th 17, 02:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

What in the world is "White Spirit?"
Turpentine?
White gas?
100% ethanol?
Naphtha?
Toluene?
Methylcyclohexane?
Acetone?
Old October 4th 17, 02:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

"White Spirit" is probably the trade name for what we cynically call any of the really hazardous solvents. You know, like "Methyl Deathyl Ethyl."

Favorite ingredient in Walter White's blue meth.
Old October 4th 17, 02:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Agnew

Mineral spirits - White Spirits
Old October 4th 17, 02:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Agnew

This link explains what White Spirits are with multiple references.

http://bfy.tw/EHtI

;-)

PA
Old October 4th 17, 02:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Whisky

Le mercredi 4 octobre 2017 15:35:33 UTC+2, a écritÂ*:
What in the world is "White Spirit?"
Turpentine?
White gas?
100% ethanol?
Naphtha?
Toluene?
Methylcyclohexane?
Acetone?

Trade name for Turpentine in the Old World.
Old October 4th 17, 05:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ross[_3_]

A slow rotating rubber disc in a drill works wonders. After that a quick wipe and you are ready to go.
Never need worry about losing the skin off your fingers either
Old October 4th 17, 10:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

I have "rubbed off" adhesive with a thumb before.
OK for a few feet, sucks for meters.

A possible alternative? Do a search for "auto pinstripe removal", I have 2 rubber disc's used in an electric drill that work wonders.
I will guess the colder the adhesive the better the results.
I took off about 20' of 16yo pinstripe on a car in less than 30 minutes. No harm to auto paint, a quick machine compound made it invisible other than the difference in paint color due to UV masking.
Saved some thumb skin.

May try it at "Skunkworks" soon......