Download

Old June 21st 04, 11:09 PM
Tom Allensworth

Oh, and the BS about crashing your server is just that, BS. We test the web
site with all browsers, including the latest releases of Firefox and Opera
and have yet to crash them. You obviously have something wrong with your
configuration, since you are the only person complaining about crashing of
browsers out some 35,000+ readers a day who access the main page, the 13,500
registered users who access the libraries, and over 80,000 registered users
who access the library. With all those successful users, you think their
might be a problem with YOUR system?

--
Best Regards,

Tom Allensworth
www.avsim.com
Join Us In Denver for the 2004 Conference and Exhibition!
http://www.avsim.com/pages/2004conf/

"Kurt Weber" wrote in message
"Greg Copeland" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 03:43:41 -0500, Kurt Weber wrote:

"Thijs Wolters" wrote in message
Were can I download for MS fl.sim 2004 (or 2002) the Catalina PBY-5?
Thanks for help.
Thijs.

flightsim.com

Better selection than avsim, and a faster-loading website that won't

crash
your browser to boot.

Download speeds could be adressed (or often helped) if they started

using
bit torrent.

Did you read what I said?

The AVSIM website ITSELF is what takes forever to load (and that's if it
doesn't crash your browser).

--
Kurt Weber

Old June 22nd 04, 01:44 AM
Greg Copeland

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 18:09:42 -0400, Tom Allensworth wrote:

Oh, and the BS about crashing your server is just that, BS. We test the web
site with all browsers, including the latest releases of Firefox and Opera
and have yet to crash them. You obviously have something wrong with your
configuration, since you are the only person complaining about crashing of
browsers out some 35,000+ readers a day who access the main page, the 13,500
registered users who access the libraries, and over 80,000 registered users
who access the library. With all those successful users, you think their
might be a problem with YOUR system?

I think you're on to something here!

BTW, as one of those crazy, alternative OS guys, please allow me to say
thank you for testing with many browsers and not just IE.

I suspect he's trolling or worse, has some reason to plug the other site.

Cheers,

Greg

Old June 22nd 04, 05:31 AM
Kurt Weber

"Greg Copeland" wrote in message
news
LOL. What an idiot you. You're rude and attacked. Then lie about
it. What a dolt.

Look. If you thought I was rude, then like it or not, you are wrong. I was
not being rude. You're free to think otherwise, of course, but you will
still be wrong. Incidentally, you will note that you are the one insulting
me; not vice-versa.

This is unreal. I'm amazed. You need to go back and read. What an idiot
you are. You're attacking me for being helping AND offering information
which may be of value to you and the site that you're complaining about.

No, I'm just curious why you posted a response which appeared to have
nothing to do with my original post. I don't particularly care one way or
the other; I'm just curious.

--
Kurt Weber

Old June 22nd 04, 05:33 AM
Kurt Weber

"Tom Allensworth" wrote in message
Oh, and the BS about crashing your server is just that, BS. We test the

web
site with all browsers, including the latest releases of Firefox and Opera
and have yet to crash them. You obviously have something wrong with your
configuration, since you are the only person complaining about crashing of
browsers out some 35,000+ readers a day who access the main page, the

13,500
registered users who access the libraries, and over 80,000 registered

users
who access the library. With all those successful users, you think their
might be a problem with YOUR system?

Perhaps it is, perhaps it isn't. I was simply offering advice based on MY
experience--experience that apparently differs from yours. That's fine.
You don't have to be an ass about it.

--
Kurt Weber

Old June 22nd 04, 03:44 PM
Greg Copeland

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 23:31:37 -0500, Kurt Weber wrote:

No, I'm just curious why you posted a response which appeared to have
nothing to do with my original post. I don't particularly care one way or
the other; I'm just curious.

Because it was on topic. Care to offer, why it was off topic?
Exactly what part was offtopic? But, since this has been answered, what,
three times, and I've asked questions twice that you've ignored, I
doubt you'll provide anything back.

Should we just tag you as a troll and move on?

Old June 23rd 04, 12:52 AM
Kurt Weber

"Greg Copeland" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 23:31:37 -0500, Kurt Weber wrote:

No, I'm just curious why you posted a response which appeared to have
nothing to do with my original post. I don't particularly care one way

or
the other; I'm just curious.

Because it was on topic. Care to offer, why it was off topic?

It wasn't; nor have I claimed that it ever was. It simply had nothing to do
with my original post, and I was curious what it was I said that made you
make the post you did so I won't be so ambiguous next time.

--
Kurt Weber

Old June 23rd 04, 01:58 AM
Greg Copeland

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 18:52:56 -0500, Kurt Weber wrote:

"Greg Copeland" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 23:31:37 -0500, Kurt Weber wrote:

No, I'm just curious why you posted a response which appeared to have
nothing to do with my original post. I don't particularly care one way

or
the other; I'm just curious.

Because it was on topic. Care to offer, why it was off topic?

It wasn't; nor have I claimed that it ever was. It simply had nothing to do
with my original post, and I was curious what it was I said that made you
make the post you did so I won't be so ambiguous next time.

Great troll. Get a life. End of this thread has been reached.

Old June 23rd 04, 03:32 AM
Kurt Weber

[...]

You can call me a troll all you want, but that wouldn't make it true. Grow
up.

--
Kurt Weber

Old June 23rd 04, 04:31 AM
Peter Duniho

"Kurt Weber" wrote in message
You can call me a troll all you want, but that wouldn't make it true.

Grow
up.

Kurt, you're wasting your time. You know his reply wasn't relevant to your
post. Nearly everyone else knows it. Leave it at that. You'll never get
the guy to admit it wasn't, nor is there any reason you need to. His posts
speak much more loudly about what kind of guy he is than yours ever could.

Pete

Old June 23rd 04, 02:40 PM
Greg Copeland

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 20:31:30 -0700, Peter Duniho wrote:

"Kurt Weber" wrote in message
You can call me a troll all you want, but that wouldn't make it true.

Grow
up.

Kurt, you're wasting your time. You know his reply wasn't relevant to your
post. Nearly everyone else knows it. Leave it at that. You'll never get
the guy to admit it wasn't, nor is there any reason you need to. His posts
speak much more loudly about what kind of guy he is than yours ever could.

Pete

Oh shesh Pete. Coming from a guy that is king of the trolls. You two
have much in common. Troll and when asked to support your view, ignore
it and keep trolling.

If my comments had nothing to do with the topic at hand, feel free to
submit why? As has been asked of the other troll, many times now. He's
yet to offer anything. Now, another troll jumps in. That's just down
right pethetic of you Pete. Talk about knowing the type of person I am;
take a look at the type of person you are. The thread was pretty much
closed...and you knew that. But, nope, couldn't leave your nose out of
it. Nope. Not when the king of trolls has a job to do.

You speak poorly of me, but notice how in other threads, in r.a.*, others
have commented about you too. You might want to take a second to figure
out why comment about you, such as they do. Furthermore, take a second to
figure out why you felt compulsed, in a very trollish manner, to jump onto
a dead/dying thread to ignite it again. What we're left is two trolls
which can not support their position, another guy that simply wanted
to help by offering an on topic reply, and got wacked over the head
for it. Yes, I think we can all see the types of people involved here.
Yep, we clearly have two trolls and a person with a desire to help. I'm
such a bad, bad person for helping. Hopfully sarcasm won't be lost on you
either.

Shesh. Pete you really are a class act. I can't believe that you still
hold a grudge because you got caught talking about computer stuff that you
had clue. Then, I asked you to support your position, and you declined.
So, I've asked you again now. Obviously you can't and I expect this
thread to die the same death, waiting for a valid response from you. Just
the same, I've asked. So, let's hear how I was off topic. Support your
view. Or is off topic whinning and trolling the only thing you can do?

....laughing as I wait...