A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

US Women's Team Presentation at SSA Convention in Little Rock

Old February 24th 20, 02:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jamie Shore
external usenet poster

Default US Women's Team Presentation at SSA Convention in Little Rock

The 2020 WWGC US Team of Sylvia Grandstaff, Sarah Arnold and Kathy Fosha had a fantastic presentation at the SSA Convention banquet on Saturday. It was the most interesting convention banquet presentation that I've witnessed. Their presentation was well prepared, had a great narrative, well organized, thoughtful, funny, great graphics, great musical accompaniment and most of all had a wonderful story.

Jamie Shore
Soaring Club of Houston
Old February 24th 20, 02:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

And to see all three of them talk with such great passion made me so very, very proud of them. The ending was a real tear jerking triumph with the National Anthem of USA playing as Sarah became a World Champion!

We will see much more success for these fine ladies in the future!

Tony Smolder
Soaring Club of Houston
Old February 24th 20, 04:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

I totally agree! Wonderful presentation by three ladies I am proud to have as my friends.
Old February 24th 20, 04:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Monday, February 24, 2020 at 9:01:57 AM UTC-5, Jamie Shore wrote:
The 2020 WWGC US Team of Sylvia Grandstaff, Sarah Arnold and Kathy Fosha had a fantastic presentation at the SSA Convention banquet on Saturday. It was the most interesting convention banquet presentation that I've witnessed. Their presentation was well prepared, had a great narrative, well organized, thoughtful, funny, great graphics, great musical accompaniment and most of all had a wonderful story.

Jamie Shore
Soaring Club of Houston

I agree- Outstanding
UH
Old February 25th 20, 01:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Christopher Schrader[_2_]
external usenet poster

Jamie Shore
Soaring Club of Houston

I haven't felt that inspired to race since drinking the coolaid at Harris Hill in 2005... returning to Florida hell bent on flying nothing but 200-300km triangles in G-103 every time out. I'm hopefull the weather will cooperate this weekend at Seminole Lake.
Old February 25th 20, 02:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Monday, February 24, 2020 at 7:16:44 PM UTC-6, Christopher Schrader wrote:

Jamie Shore
Soaring Club of Houston

I haven't felt that inspired to race since drinking the coolaid at Harris Hill in 2005... returning to Florida hell bent on flying nothing but 200-300km triangles in G-103 every time out. I'm hopefull the weather will cooperate this weekend at Seminole Lake.

It was a really inspiring talk and know the soaring community enjoyed being able to live vicariously through them so their words, pictures and videos certainly helped. This was my first convention so I don't have anything to compare against...but this seems hard to beat. Thanks to the Women's team!

Chuck Werninger
Soaring Club of Houston