A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Condor 2 Bug?

Old May 3rd 20, 11:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud
external usenet poster

Default Condor 2 Bug?

Anyone else notice that after updating to Condor 2.1.1 the ASG-29Es trimer is not functional? While other aircraft still have functional trimmers.
Old May 4th 20, 01:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Condor 2 Bug?

On Sunday, May 3, 2020 at 2:02:40 PM UTC-8, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
Anyone else notice that after updating to Condor 2.1.1 the ASG-29Es trimer is not functional? While other aircraft still have functional trimmers.

Just a guess.. In the settings there is a box to check or uncheck "use stick trim"

Im not a power user, however this solved the problem on another glider in the program.

Old May 4th 20, 06:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud
external usenet poster

Default Condor 2 Bug?

On Sunday, May 3, 2020 at 5:19:26 PM UTC-7, wrote:

Just a guess.. In the settings there is a box to check or uncheck "use stick trim"

Im not a power user, however this solved the problem on another glider in the program.

I will look at that, however the trim works just fine on the 2.1.1 for the JS1C-21 and on version 2.0.6 the trim worked fine for the all gliders. Will report back
Old May 4th 20, 08:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan[_6_]
external usenet poster

Default Condor 2 Bug?

On Monday, May 4, 2020 at 10:24:22 AM UTC-7, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
On Sunday, May 3, 2020 at 5:19:26 PM UTC-7, wrote:

I will look at that, however the trim works just fine on the 2.1.1 for the JS1C-21 and on version 2.0.6 the trim worked fine for the all gliders. Will report back

Interesting; I have no problem with the ASG 29es trim (I use the trigger on the Logetch control stick) but no trim at all on the JS-1C
Old May 5th 20, 01:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Condor 2 Bug?

The trim doesn't work on my LS-8 Neo. It worked on several gliders before the latest update but the LS-8 is a recent addition. I'll check other gliders next time.

Yes, I've configured the input for the trimmer and Condor recognizes the slider control. But it doesn't work while flying.

Chip Bearden
JB
Old May 5th 20, 02:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Condor 2 Bug?

On Monday, May 4, 2020 at 8:29:13 PM UTC-4, wrote:
The trim doesn't work on my LS-8 Neo. It worked on several gliders before the latest update but the LS-8 is a recent addition. I'll check other gliders next time.

Yes, I've configured the input for the trimmer and Condor recognizes the slider control. But it doesn't work while flying.

Chip Bearden
JB

Works on my Condor LS8 Neo. I have deactivated stick trim and use the same trim on all gliders in Condor so I can't forget.
Old May 5th 20, 03:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Condor 2 Bug?

On Monday, May 4, 2020 at 8:45:22 PM UTC-5, Dan Daly wrote:
On Monday, May 4, 2020 at 8:29:13 PM UTC-4, wrote:

Chip Bearden
JB

Works on my Condor LS8 Neo. I have deactivated stick trim and use the same trim on all gliders in Condor so I can't forget.

I've had trouble with the trim in my LS-4 in Condor 2 also but just thought it was the "loose nut behind the stick" maybe not. I'll try deactivating the stick trim to see if that helps.
Old May 5th 20, 07:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris Wedgwood[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Condor 2 Bug?

On Monday, May 4, 2020 at 12:02:40 AM UTC+2, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:

Guys,

There's nothing wrong with the trim.

Condor simulates the trim system used in each glider. Some have lever, some have stick trim and you need to know which they are and map a control suitable for each type.

If you don't want to have that, we have provided an override as mentioned in this thread to let you disable stick trim and use lever in all gliders.
Old May 5th 20, 03:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Soartech
external usenet poster

Default Condor 2 Bug?

Some have lever, some have stick trim and you need to know which they are and map a control suitable for each type.

What is "stick trim"? Don't all trim mechanisms control the position of the stick?
Old May 5th 20, 05:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)
external usenet poster

Default Condor 2 Bug?

Some trims are a lever on the cockpit side, some are a lever alongside the stick...usually have to map a different control in any simulator for the function to work.....thus, different mapping for different ships...similar ships, keyboard mapping to work....change trim type, different mapping.